Mz3 Turbo Build: Whose Done it

:
mazda 3 s hatch
i know there are members here that have the tri-point kit and love it. im thinking of the kit as well but im an ATX and would like to get some information out of those who are turbo ATX as well

Tri-point will not endorse that there kit will fit an ATX....so i want to know what modifications are nececary for installation.

Why bother with an atx or an mz3? Sell your atx and buy a speed3 if you want boost. You'll get more power along with all the added goodness of a 6 speed trans , LSD, and a stiffer suspension.

I considered this same thing with my ATX, and I ended up deciding to save up the cost of the turbo kit (~$4k?), I'll take that money and my current Mz3 in and trade for a MS3. Just waiting to find the right one. The only way I can understand doing this to the ATX is if your car is paid off, and you take pride in doing the work yourself and you're prepared to swap the tranny at some point (sooner than later). My $0.02 from someone who thought about it themselves and can't turn a wrench.

Back