4wd light

:
East Greenbush, NY
:
2021 CX-5 GTR
Driving down my street on the way to work this morning, the 4wd light on my dash was flashing. (Wonderful job on the streets, DPW.) We had a very light winter last year, so this might be the first time I've driven it in snow covered streets. I'm assuming that the flashing indicates that the car has sensed what's up and transferred more power to the rear axle?

from the owner's manual:
AWD Warning Light
This warning light stays on for a few seconds when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position.
Thereafter, the warning light will illuminate or flash under the following conditions:
- Illuminates when there is an abnormality with the AWD system.
- Flashes when the differential oil temperature is abnormally high. Flashes when there are continually large differences between front and rear
wheel rotation, such as when trying to pull away from an icy surface.

If the AWD warning light illuminates, contact an Authorized Mazda Dealer.

If the AWD warning light flashes:
Park the vehicle in a safe place. After a few moments; if the warning light stops flashing, you can resume driving. If the light does not stop flashing, contact an Authorized Mazda Dealer.

Flashes when there are continually large differences between front and rear
wheel rotation, such as when trying to pull away from an icy surface.

I think I'm good.

If I have to park it in a safe place in my city and can't get it to my driveway, I'm in trouble! LOL

You may want to look into that sooner than later, thats not like a check engine light wear you can let it slide for a bit, a new Tranfer case is no fun and not cheap

Back