Removing Double-Din Radio on Mazda Protege5

ntempleton

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Haven't posted on this forum before but I need some help. Here goes...

Attempting to replace the stock double din radio on my 03 Protege5. I've already bought a new head unit (JVC KW-XR810) and I'm now attempting to remove the old head unit. I've got 2 sets of double din tools.

Spent a number of hours now trying to remove the old radio, and having a hell of a time doing it. My technique essentially has been to slide both the din tools in until I hear a click, then force the tools to the outside, pulling on one side of the radio at a time to slide the unit out.

I actually was able to get the right side to slide out relatively quickly. However, I can't get the left side to budge. I've forced the right side back in to attempt to remove the left, and have still had no success. I've already said all the four letter words I know but it hasn't done very much good. I know that removing a double din radio is more difficult then single, but did not believe it would be this hard.

Any ideas or similar experiences? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on how to handle this situation. Thanks.

can anyone offer any info on this? also i'm still seaching but is there a way to add an aux input? there are buttons for minidisk / tape on the front but there is no minidisk or tape so theoretically ther might be a spot for that

I believe there is a build log in this section, but I am not seeing it at the moment.

Back