Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire

:
08 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
so last week i threw two codes, one was p2187 and the other was p0300. the 2187 code was easy, I just replaced the purge valve/solenoid and that code went away. However, im still getting the misfire code. i do have step colder plugs, but I am fully tuned and the plugs have around 25k miles on them and they look and are gapped fine. I am told that it may be my coil packs needing replaced. is this correct? anything else I should do?

25k? i've read we should replace our plugs every 12k or so, so maybe try that. or if you have a friend with a ms3/ms6 borrow their coil packs and try em out to see if it still happens. how frequently does it happen

i have the denso iridium step colder plugs and the car has been fully tuned running great until last week. when i first had the two codes the idle was rough and jumpy but once i was driving everything was fine. i got the new purge valve/solenoid from mazda and installed it and the 2187 code went away but i still get slight shudders at idle and the missfire code keeps popping up

whats your fuel pressure holding? the only time i get misfire codes and its rare that i do, is when i flog the living s*** outta the car. mostly happens from 1st to 2nd gear when i romp it cuz i hit load cut

Cobb recommends changing them every 12-15k if you are running higher boost. Higher heat causes them to wear faster. I would replace them and see what that helps. If it doesn't change then next step is your coil packs. They may look perfect, but might be sending a weak spark. How many miles on the car?

there is a shade under 36k on the car, i bought it new and never had a single issue with it until now. Its my daily driver so i drive sensibly, but the occasional open freeway on ramp is too much to resist, but we are all guilty of that lol. ill pick up some plugs and see if that cures my cars sickness. if not itll be the coil packs. thanks for the help everyone!

How far is your timing increased with your tune? Is it actually misfiring or just throwing the code? If you jump up timing too quick the car interprets it as a misfire. When tuning with the standback i can't increase the timing more than 3 degrees from any adjacent cell.

Back