Fluttering stock BPV

It seems to be holding boost alright, my plan was to buy one after I get the fuel pump internals and spark plugs i just got installed. Didn't really see a point in getting an aftermarket bov early

I have stock BPV on FMIC + full bolt otherwise. I had Forge but, it started leaking so, I put the stocker back on and picked up 2-3 mph 1/4. So, I'm not too motivated to re-grease the Forge. Stocker seems to be holding the up to 21 psi on my tune just fine.

Someone was saying that their hose was getting pinched when they closed the hood.
Not sure if that would cause this issue or not.

So my question to that someone would be how would they know it's getting pinched when the hood is closed????? and if it did get pinched then you would get a coughing sound as soon as the throttle is released while in Hg.

Someone was saying that their hose was getting pinched when they closed the hood.
Not sure if that would cause this issue or not.

So my question to that someone would be how would they know it's getting pinched when the hood is closed????? and if it did get pinched then you would get a coughing sound as soon as the throttle is released while in Hg.

if youre running the hks in the stock location youll see the pinch evidence everytime you open the hood. Until I re-oriented my reirc tube everytime i closed the hood it would pinch the vacuum line to the bov and push it down against the metal nipple on the bov, cut a hole in it every time.

I have stock BPV on FMIC + full bolt otherwise. I had Forge but, it started leaking so, I put the stocker back on and picked up 2-3 mph 1/4. So, I'm not too motivated to re-grease the Forge. Stocker seems to be holding the up to 21 psi on my tune just fine.

Yea my forge hybride bov/bpv is starting to leak as well, so i spoke to a friend that works with mazda and told me that the stock bpv can hold 27psi with no problems. am going back to stock to see if this is true.

Don't know about holding 27 psi, but it will hold steady and true with as much or more boost than is safe with the K04 turbo. With my mods below my target boost is 19-20 psi tapering to 16 at 6,000 and I absolutely cannot make the stock BPV leak. Stock BPV for me. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

MSMS3 I just switched back to my stock BPV and I have to admit, with all my mods listed (sans HKS SSQV now of course) I actually LOVE the way it sounds. It's quiet as hell but when you get on it you hear it release air and I think it sounds cool, enough for me to know it's working without being obnoxiously loud, for those who want everyone to know they're turbo'd... I guess it's not for you.

Off topic, but I also removed the GReddy EBC I was running and am now back on the stock solenoid and stage2 OTS AP map... for whatever reason the car feels a lot peppier than with the EBC on and the custom map.

Going back for my re-tune soon however to get the most power out of my setup, should be interesting.

Going back for my re-tune soon however to get the most power out of my setup, should be interesting.

Yep, with those changes and a new pro tune and you'll be golden. Some things that just seem like they ought to be a good idea don't work out that way. It is hard to beat the stock BPV for pure performance and with the right mods it has a very nice release sound. EBC is a step backwards for our cars. AP and pro tune is going to be great for you.

Don't know about holding 27 psi, but it will hold steady and true with as much or more boost than is safe with the K04 turbo. With my mods below my target boost is 19-20 psi tapering to 16 at 6,000 and I absolutely cannot make the stock BPV leak. Stock BPV for me. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I completely agree with you MSMS3. I Just put back my stock bpv, and i have to say that it running better then ever. Am not leaking anymore, my car pulling better, and my knock degree has disappeared as well.

Back