Aftermarket Sirius Tuner

DorKnob

:
2010 Mazda CX-7 i-Sport
Simple question really.

Sirius sells an aftermarket, universal tuner (Model SCC1) which appears to be compatible with any head unit which is Sirius-ready. The ad, linked below, indicates a "specialty SiriusConnect interface bus translator" is needed but does not indicate, where, or HOW I purchase this. After calling and emailing Sirius only to be asked repeatedly for my radio code, I could not get them to understand what exactly I was looking for. She had no clue what the product was and would not transfer me to a tech without first activating my stereo. I apologize for the rant in advance, I like XM's customer service soooo much better!

Anyhow, has anyone tried this? It appears to be a rather inexpensive alternative to the dealers stiff pricing for the SAT upgrade.

FYI, I just bought a 2010 CX-7, no nav and no Bose either. I'd rather use Garmin anyhow for nav needs and upgrading the speakers makes a world of a difference I've read on here.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/ser...698&catParentID=24750&scId=24750&oldParentID=

Back