Hardrace LCA's, anyone else try em yet?

I just got the Pedders' LCA bushings pressed in and installed them this week. Not sure what the big changes are right now, but I'll post up after a week or two of driving so you can all know. The cost was $110 for the bushings shipped, then another $80 for the pressing... more $ for the work than I thought it would be. I tried to shop around, but it didn't work out how I thought it would.

you will have to keep us updated as Im curious as well.

So, what are the results of long-term testing on the Hardrace control arms tap'n'die? I am looking into either getting these Hardrace LCA's or peddlers bushings and having them installed in my stockers... but I really want the cheapest solution to be honest.

So far I am still very happy with them. Much better than stock for sure, and I like the peace of mind/durability of rubber vs urethane. Plus no need to burn/cut/press bushings out/in. Piece of cake install!

Well, I wouldn't say "piece of cake" to install... Getting the lower ball joints out of the hub wasn't much fun and one of the welded nuts in the frame broke. But I have a rusty Ohio car.

UPDATE:

Mine have had multiple lapping sessions on summer tires since the last post and they have been working great, no issues to report and definitely firmer than stock, they seem to wear well too. (I've been tinkering with my suspension a lot since I have them on and I check them for slack/slop every time. They are still perfect.)

I installed them on a fellow member's car and he loves them too. I will be installing another set on another member's car within the next couple of weeks.

In a nutshell; they still have my endorsement!

I picked up a set of HardRace lower control arms for my new P5. I'm waiting to install them when I get my GT-Spec trailing arms in and swap to my BC's.

First impression is they don't look any different than the Ray Bestos I bought for my silver P5, other than an orange ball joint cover instead of the blue one. The bags they came in look like they weren't even opened, someone just cut little slots to put "HardRace" metal decals on them. I'll inspect them closer to see if the bushings were replaced or if they come with a higher durometer bushings from some factory. And I'll report how they feel after they're installed.

But for $260 they better have better bushings...

Howdy folks,

My LCAs need replacing. OEMs are gonna cost me $500 for parts alone. I'm looking at the Hardrace LCAs, but I need the part number. The only ones I can find on the Hardrace website are for the 323 (part # 6261). Are these the same that others here are installing on their P5? Also, what else do I need to replace when putting in new LCAs? Do the LCAs come with everything needed?

Thanks,
gerald

Personally, i would just go with the OEM replacement Raybestos from Rockauto.

Back