How to get to the a/c blower?

:
2008 Mazda5 Touring
Has anybody figured this out yet? Our blower, yesterday, started vibrating. The higher the speed, the worse it is. Doesn't matter which vent selected or temperature setting, it's completely dependent upon fan speed. When set to fresh air, it sounds like the blower is right below the front cowl, so if it's a leaf, can it be accessed from there?

You have to go to your dealer, because they need to remove the dash to change the blower, i had this trouble last summer and they put 16hrs ( 8 hours x 2 guys ) to change it. Maybe they were not the best guy in the place but i was more than happy to retreive my A/C the day before our vacation trip of 6,000km lol.

But you can try something before going to your dealership. Go on the lower right side of your center console ( at the feet of the passenger seat "front" ) and watch carefully, there's a little door there, open it, don't remember if you have to remove screws or anything, and then behind this door, there's another one (white one if i remember) with 4 screws 2 of them are really a pain in the ass to remove :(. Remove all of them and now you have the cabin filters almost in your hand, remove them both carefully, and put an air compressor (gun ) inside it and blow air everywhere. By doing this, you may remove some garbage stuck in it, it may not resolved your trouble but that's the first and only thing Mazda told me to try back then.

My english is bad so be cool with me lol. If you need more details, just ask me.

I've removed a dash before in a Chevy, so I'm ok if I have to do that as it was much easier than expected. This vehicle is still under full warranty, so I may take it them. I was just hoping there was an access-way to the blower so I didn't have to go through that whole trouble. I've changed the cabin filters before, but they are right in front of the evaporator and the very bottom. The blower sounds like it's in the top of the dash. If the cowl is removed, can anything be seen there? Guess I'll have to buy an air nozzle and try that first. Thanks.

Back