Troubleshooting code p2009

d2r

:
2003 Mazda Protege
Need help fixing this problem my car is throwing a P2009 VTC soleniod code does anyone here know to fix this and how the VTC soleniod looks like

the sensor may be bad or the diaphragm in the actuator may be messed up. Probably the former.

do you have a picture on how it looks like and how to test it to see if it bad ? Because I don't know how that senor looks like

Two plugs right on top of the intake manifold, one is green and one is white, I believe the white is the VICS. The actuators are on the passenger side of the intake manifold.

good point, rick. im seeing 1512, 1569, and 1570 as VTC solenoid codes. heres one of the diagnostic pages. basically, reset it, then run the car for 5 mins, and immediately check to see if the DTC is pending... it should be.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 5,658
So I reset my computer and drove the car for about 15 min and the check engine light came back on pull the code and it still show P2009 does anyone have a picture of that VTCS solenoid ?

Yeah I got the code but im running the 626IM so in my case that might be causing it but not sure b/c it came up recently

I think my car has a short in the wire this thing is driving me crazy to find out what wrong

Back