MAF Sensor

pmpott

So my battery died the other day. Went to Advanced Auto to get a new battery. The terminal on the positive side of the battery is almost too small to fit the cable on. But that's a whole other story.

After I installed the battery, my check engine light was on as well as the DSC light. The code for the check engine was a P0103 which has something to do with the voltage to the MAF being screwed up. When I start the car, it idles real weird and ultimately shuts itself off.

I'm thinking I shorted out the MAF (and probably whatever the DSC light is for). Where is the best place to get a new MAF? Dealership?

Check the connection to the maf sensor.
Then possibly clean it.

Disconnect the battery when working on the car, and leave it disconnected to reset the ecu and see if it comes back.

Take the easy and cheaper routes before going and dropping decent amounts of money on a new maf.

Last edited:
I tried cleaning the MAF and it's still not working. The battery has been disconnected a couple of times but I'll disconnect it again and let it sit for a while.

I'm going through the same issue myself. But the dealer told me that not only is my MAF shot the ABS module as well.

I'm curious to know if replacing the MAF cleared the DSC.

Hi guys, well I cleaned the MAF yesterday and even cleaned to Throttle Body (following the TSB). The car turned the code on after a 20 minute drive. P0103 and also the DSC light came on as well. Both have been coming on at the same time.

I checked the connection by the MAF, sprayed it with electronic cleaner. The pins looked fine to me, no signs of corrosion.

On a side note we had the MAF replaced by a mechanic about 8 months ago. I think the mechanic used a remanufactured MAF. The MAF looked clean.

Does anyone know where the PCM on the 2007 Mazda M3 is located. I did a search in the OEM manual and I couldn't find a component location diagram.

Sorry to revive this old thread but just in case. I replaced the MAF with a new OEM MAF which I purchased online. That fixed the problem.

Back