)(#*$)*(@&Q# injector o rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrash91

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Ok ive been having an aweful day, and on top of that the guy who cleaned my injectors sent them back without the O rings, the ones that go from the tip of the injector to the block. I tried calling all the local places even ones an hour away, and nobody has them. im up at school and have to leave by tomorrow so i went to adavnce auto parts and got the "universal" kit. ok so i got o rings that fit the injectors, it fits the tip perfectly BUT they arent quite fat enough to fit in the whole in the block so there basically just sitting there. (side note my injectors are slightly longer then stock so a past owner put washers along with the spacers for the fuel rail to compensate) so i took out one of the washers for each bolt on the fuel rail and tightened it down especially hard, do you guys think this is ok for a temp fix? i need to drive about 300 miles tomorrow to get home. i already sprayed water near the o ring, saw no bubbles and car didnt hesitate.

however, when i first started the car after installing the injectors the car was running on 3 cylinders but when i started it up the second time it ran great.

I personally wouldn't do it. Sounds a bit sketchy. But it sounds like you have no choice.
Maybe rental car?

i bought a protege specific injector o ring kit from advanced whenever one of mine broke, was like 12 bucks...
havent had any problems so i dont think youll have any, if anything the car will run like crap, but you could prob limp it home no problem

im just worried that gas will leak into the engine bay and once the engine hits the right temp, BOOM!
i dont care if i lose gas, or it runs like s*** as long as i dont destroy anything im ok.
i have tools in the car at all times (never be the only tool in your car) and extra o rings so if one blows on the way home i can fix it, also have AAA i just dont want fires, explosions etc..

Maybe rental car?
cant rent a car, only 19 years old. most places you have to be 25, also need to get my car off campus otherwise i get a huge fine, and plus id have to come back up and get it and dont want to risk leaving it 3-4 hours away unattended. campus is dead during winter break except the administrative buildings which are on the opposite side of campus

im just worried that gas will leak into the engine bay and once the engine hits the right temp, BOOM!
i dont care if i lose gas, or it runs like s*** as long as i dont destroy anything im ok.
i have tools in the car at all times (never be the only tool in your car) and extra o rings so if one blows on the way home i can fix it, also have AAA i just dont want fires, explosions etc..

lol i highly doubt you'll have a fire, whenever i ripped an O ring, i had a puddle of gas on my intake manifold and it just evaporated after i shut the car off

i would start up the engine, let it idle for a while, and if you dont see any leaks, your good

alright cool, cuz i drove it to walmart, i mean i smelled gas but thats another story, i was so excited to drive for the first time in 2+ weeks i forgot to plug the gas line back into the fuel fail... FML right? but that should be evaporated, i was just worried since its a long ass drive, glad to know i wont blow up though =] thanks justanothermp5 you gave me the confidence i needed to get home. props +1

Those things are hard to come by when i was installing my 505zoom intake manifold i lost one and took 4 days for a parts store to get one. so now i have a set of OEM sitting in my basement just incase i ever need/ loose one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back