heater core help

blkspdfreak

:
03 black msp and silver p5
i have antifreeze coming into the cabin from under the dash. im sure its my heater core so i called Mazda, they quoted $275 from Canada in 2 weeks shipping. not cool. checked the local junk yard. no proteges there. looked on eBay and found a few but im not to keen on buying parts on there used, if not at all, sooooo.......any one selling?

im sure someone on here has replaced oneheater core before, so any help would be great. is there anyway i could just by-pass it so it stops pouring in my car? i don't really need heat, im in Florida, and my a/c hasn't worked for a year now so no real need for it.

I would not buy a used one or a junk yard part. Most likely the dash needs to be pulled back to be able to get at to swap it out. Haven't done it on this car but have on others. If you do it you will understand why it would be foolish to use anything but a brand new part.

You can simply bypass any heater core by leaving both the inlet and outlet unhosed so to speak and using a connecting hose or coupler to join the two hoses together. Pretty common approach when you don't want to try the R&R or pay someone to do it.

Your are correct. I stand by what "I" posted. In no way was I trying to cause you or your employer financial hardship. Its not a matter of a warranty, its as simple as not wanting to do the job twice or more.

I will say, the job is INSANE...I had to take it out when I parted out the MSP, and I thought the hardest part was taking out the dash and getting to everything and I had not a thing other then the dash in the car...while I understand exactly what she is saying, I myself would not want to take it back apart either to get to it, unless there is an easier way to install without pulling the dash...hardest part hands down to get off when I was tearing that car apart...

Latest posts

Back