Just leaving Light Switch ON????

danjkelly

:
2009 CX 9 Toring
(thought)(thought)(thought)Our 09 CX 9 does not have Auto On Lights, but does have Auto Off
We miss that feature and my wife is forever forgetting to turn the lights on!
Doesnt it make sense just to leave the light switch ON
The lights will turn off after car stops and turn back on after its restarted.
Am I missing something??

Yup, it becomes DRLs.
Usually DRLs are far lights with reduced intensity (at about 1/3).
The downside really is that the life span of the bulbs will be shortened.

maybe I am not understanding the question. My Cx9 has auto-on as part of the headslight switch. That does exactly as you are looking for: switch on the light automatically when it is getting dark. The CX-9 is however also delivered (depending on the model) without that option. It is more than a switch however, it will require also the autolight senser and maybe also an autolight/wiper control module.

maybe I am not understanding the question. My Cx9 has auto-on as part of the headslight switch. That does exactly as you are looking for: switch on the light automatically when it is getting dark. The CX-9 is however also delivered (depending on the model) without that option. It is more than a switch however, it will require also the autolight senser and maybe also an autolight/wiper control module.

I heard that was an option but I did not know it was available in the states for 2010 and below?

I hate drl's, they kill your plastic headlamp lens by yellowing the lens, cutting the life of the clear lens in half. Same goes for using low beams all the time during the day.

(thought)(thought)(thought)Our 09 CX 9 does not have Auto On Lights, but does have Auto Off
We miss that feature and my wife is forever forgetting to turn the lights on!
Doesn’t it make sense just to leave the light switch ON
The lights will turn off after car stops and turn back on after its restarted.
Am I missing something??

Dan - have you verified that this works as described??
I also happened to read in my manual that the lights are supposed to turn off after shutting down the engine and removing the key....but unfortunately, this did not work in my 2008 Sport. I was bummed because that's exactly what I was doing with my Subaru - which also did not have the auto lamp feature. If it works for you, I might have to revisit that 'feature'.

I hate drl's, they kill your plastic headlamp lens by yellowing the lens, cutting the life of the clear lens in half. Same goes for using low beams all the time during the day.

I've never had yellowed lenses on any vehicles that I've driven. And since I always drive with my lights on (NOT DRLs) I have a feeling the yellowing has more to due with age of the vehicle (age of plastic) or perhaps not having a garage and having UV damage from the sun....??

Back