hmm car is running really crappy...

andrei1989

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
ive got a big problem...my p5 motored "msp" wannabe is running very crappy...yes its a n/a msp. anyways heres what its doing...

as of now it bogs down a lot when i give it gas from the stop...when it reaches about 3k it all of a sudded has a burst of power...engine light was flashing..and the car seems to be very very hot! (the main cat is off a p5 with 180000k)...

could it be that my cat is clogged? i havent been to autozone yet because they are closed but i know that flashing engine light means misfires...any input is appreciated! thanks

Sounds like a EFI problem. Check your maf, O2 sensors etc.. Are you running a non-fouler with the stock p5 cat?

honestly, i would go to an autoparts store and get this stuff called seafoam..its in a white can, put the whole bottle in ur gas tank (preferably when its empty) so u dont burn up ur engine, but make sure ur intake is clean, but the seafoam should clean EVERYTHING that the fuel runs through, i use it about every 3 months to keep my engine clean on the inside

ive used that stuff before...i went to autozone and obviously the car had multiple cylinder misfire and o2 sensor at bank 1 is lean...
ima change the plugs, do the seafoam in the tank and the motor and see what happends then

ive used that stuff before...i went to autozone and obviously the car had multiple cylinder misfire and o2 sensor at bank 1 is lean...
ima change the plugs, do the seafoam in the tank and the motor and see what happends then

Multiple cylinder misfire might point to coilpacks/wires. If you've never changed them, now's the time.

this misfire deal happened awhile back too but then it all went back to normal...i guess it is time for new coils and wires.

anyone have any idea about the bank 1 o2 sensor lean? is it because the car is misfiring?

this misfire deal happened awhile back too but then it all went back to normal...i guess it is time for new coils and wires.

anyone have any idea about the bank 1 o2 sensor lean? is it because the car is misfiring?

If it's misfiring, wouldn't all that unburned gas make it report a very rich mixture? The O2 sensor might simply be due for a change.

thats what i thought at first too....seemed like the car was getting too much fuel and it was bogging down...oh well more money into this slow pos. cant wait till it falls apart lol

Back