Shouldn't radio show the name of the song being played?

dcarlsen

:
2010 CX-9 Grand Touring
We have several fm stations we are used to listening to that have the ability to display the name of the song and the group/singer. I have a Grand Touring model but did not get the Bose upgrade. We were expecting to see the songs displayed but that isn't there. What do we need to do in order to have that capability? Thanks

Believe it or not, the Mazda CX-9 or CX-7 don't have radio RDS data support to display song/artis information from FM broadcasts. The CD/NAV system will display the artist/song track info for MP3's loaded on CDs inserted into the system. I believe the iPod integration module will also do the same, but I don't have that option.

My 2010 GT with navi and bose does display song/ artist info. Not sure if there is a setting to turn it on or not.

The 2010 Model w/Nav displays the RDS signal in the upper portion of the nav main screen, but you can't select it or see it in the audio section.

Welcome to the Mazda RDS radio experience.....none.

Only MP3s burnt on CDs, or if you have the IPod integration module, will you get artist and track info

My Bose (with the 4.3" display) does display artist info for certain songs on certain stations, but only when the word "Message" is active in the upper right of the display, and you select its associated button.

Back