how to replace a water pump

719prottege

:
03 msp
ive replaced plenty of them, never on a protege though. mine went out on the way to work today, and i thought i saw a how to on here before but i cannot find it anywhere... anyone have a how to or can upload some alldata pages?

I would recommend replacing the Timing belt while you are in there, since you have to pull it off anyway. My timing belt needed replacement so I went ahead and ordered the water pump with it.

thermostat, valve cover gasket maybe if you need, and maybe crank seal and other belts. I did the thermostat when I did mine and did the timing belt as well. Good luck, it is a little more work than say.....a D series honda. Its pretty straight forward though.

hahaha used to work at honda, i dont think much is easier than working on hondas... b20 swapped my DA integra in about an hour lol. mazdas are better tho

You may want the timing belt kit, it includes the tensioner and idler for the timing belt. You will need a new tensioner spring from Mazda as well which was about 8 bucks, IIRC. You also should get a new valve cover gasket and I needed new timing covers because my stockers had holes in them.

Back