Anyone put there snow tires on yet.

I'm waiting until the very last minute as I want to try and burn through my Falkens so I can buy new tires next spring.

What tires did You guys put? i'm thinking about altimax arctic for my mz3. Any other recommendations?

i put spicy's old all seasons mounted on the racing harts on my 6 a couple of weeks ago. i'm ready ... bring it on!!

I got the altimax artics I read good things about them and cant wait to try them out in the snow. I need to add some more pressure to them tho tonight I think there was only 30 in them im going to run 35.
1126002125.jpg

I got some Blizzaks, haven't mounted them yet. But I just got paid today so I can mount them now :)

I gotta call some places and shop around for the lowest price for mounting/balancing.

Saw my tires today, dropped off the wheels with old tires to get the new ones mounted up. I'll probably run about 10-12 psi so I can be in the slammed thread! (rolleyes)

Last winter I waited too long, and was cought up in bad snow sliding all over. This year I got on blizzaks at the begining of November, and go figure-we had the warmest November in years. stay safe!

I have Dunlop Grasspic's, but they are still in the garage. Figures, I still have my old track tires on (just to run through them), but wasn't thinking about snow already. Should be a fun drive home today. Roughly 30 miles with balding, old track tires in the snow that is starting to stick to the ground. Should be a good time. I mean epic fail!

Luckily I have All Seasons on right now, but they are very bald so if theres more than 1/4" of snow on the road, things will be interesting haha

I shouldn't have waited. My Falkens are TERRIBLE in the dusting of snow we have down here. I need my Dunlops. :(

I've had mine on (and off) for three weeks. I have Michelin Pilot Alpins (PA1) mounted on the x-tra set of factory RH Wheels (bright silver from an '03 MSP) and the excessive blistering and corrosion of the silver paint was causing about a 5 lb loss per week in 2 of the tires. I had NTB remove the tires and wire wheel the entire bead area (remove all the paint where it touches the tire) and I will see how the pressure holds when I check it at lunch tomorrow. The tire tech said he's never seen a rim do that before regarding the leak. My Firestone Firehawk SZ50's are absolutely dangerous once Halloween passes so I change to "Winters" early!

went to a -1 wheel size for my mz3's snow shoes. enkei j10 16x7 wheels, Hankook Winter i*cept evos 205/55R16 (91H), which impress me on both the snow and on dry asphalt, so far. Well worth the $83+10 delivery per tire paid!

I got my Continental Extreme Winter Contacts all mounted up and balanced. I'm still not happy about winter. The Capitol UHP's (supposed all seasons) I've got on the Mazda 6 wheels still grip well in the cold wet, but if there's a layer of snow, forget it. They broke traction slipping the clutch in 1st gear at high idle..

Back