2010 TPMS light

UConnJack

:
2010 Mazda5
I asked this on the 5 forum as well, but since the 5 is simlar to the 3, I though someone here might know. For the Mazda 3/5 (the 2010, specifically), does the TPMS light come on solid or flashing if you do not have the sensors installed (e.g., with a second set of mounted snow tires)? The owners manual (for both the 3 and 5, which are largely identical) implies that it blinks. It states that it will blink the entire time if the spare tire is being used, for example, but I suppose this may be different since it would be only missing one of the 4 sensors. I can deal with a solid light, but probably not a blinking one.

I also wanted to confirm that not having TPMS doesn't affect traction/stability contol or the ability to turn DSC off.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

When I turn my car on the light blinks for about 1-2 minutes and then goes solid. I have not had stock wheels on since the second day Ive owned my MS3. So the light has become a mainstay.

I have my sensors in my aftermarket rims and the light is on whenever the stock rims are installed, until I can get the second set of sensors.

The light blinks for a minute and stays steady if the system can't see the sensors. The DSC is fully functional without the sensors, that is on a separate system.

Lol, you're thinking about this way too much. I switched out from stock to winter tire setup. All the tpms does on my ms3 is light the warning light solid. It's not going to affect the other portions of the car, it's just an indicator telling you that you have low tire pressure.

Back