Officially official: 2010 LA Auto Show of the 2012 Mazda 5

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
BOOO.

-Still ugly
-2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 157 horsepower
-Six-passenger seating
-manual or automatic gearbox

Notice they choose to use Red color that seem to hide the swoopy lines vs the standard blue in most public photos that accentuates it... Maybe they used Red by chance but I highly doubt marking would just let any color fly. Could the following details (MSRP, MPG, 5/6 cogs..?) be a saving grace?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1051625_2010-la-auto-show-2012-mazda-mazda5-live-photos

I think the car would look good in CWP. Neither the red or blue is flattering.

Mazda's press release

157hp and 163lbft torque. They don't mention mpg, but it should go up a little.
Looks like they are not offering power sliding doors in NA.

According to the official 2012 Mazda5 US specifications from MazdaUSA, both the 6MT and the 5AT get 21/28. No seventh seat. No comfy options available for the Sport, which is the only one to allow the 6MT.

Sigh. I was getting so excited about this new one, even willing to buy one brand new instead of go the cheaper used route. Now, I don't see much of a reason to. Although, I really do like the new styling. I wonder just how much more power the 2.5 offers?

What idiots, they show the pictures of the 7 seat euro version interior and quote the old HP number for the new engine on the US site.

The Canadian Spec sheet lists Economy at 9.7/6.7 l/100km. Also, it looks like 6-speed is available on both trim levels. Not sure though.

It looks like Touring is the new fully loaded model in the US. Sport is now middle of the pack while there is a new base model underneath it. Makes sense... the 6MT Sport model should be the one with spoiler and side skirt.

I wonder if we could see a base GX in Canada in addition to the GS and GT, to be more in line with the Mazda 3, or will they stick with the GS and GT only like Mazda 6.

Back