2010 Mazda CX-9 with Pioneer avic-z120bt, dvd headrest, amp & capacitor

I've got the Avic-x9115bt with a reverse camera. I love the set-up, but not being able to change the clock is driving me nuts.

Have you found a work-around for that? Someone suggested that the dealership might be able to set it using their computer. I also had the hare brained idea to disconnect and reconnect the battery at noon, thus forcing the clock to the right time (sorta). I've thought better of that idea though.

black electric tape lol, i get the time from the unit itself so i never miss the clock on the dash

i upgraded to mytouch 4g and the bluetooth works well, i can bluetooth pandora and control somewhat pandora like up and down to change songs. i listen to yahoo music and winamp through bluetooth and it sounds really good. when i get an ipod touch im planning to hotspot the mytouch so the ipod can get wifi from it and use that, hopefully netflix will work on ipod touch thru wifi. i already tested with a netbook using mytouch 4g hotspot and netflix plays good on it

What is the brand/model on the dvd headrest? Do the headrest bar tubes have a matchiing diameter, and can you slave each dvd headrest to the other? And can they also play separate? Finally, do they have auto resume at the dvd stop point or sd card stop point even if powered down by the car turning off (wired through switched 12v)?
Thanks, I am really trying. To find out which headrest dvds to buy!

this are from china, but the lens are made by sony, all you said it does, the sd card will not auto resume sinc divx will not auto resume, this has 2 dvd, it can be slaved has input and outputs plays divx mp3 not sure of mkv they give you diffrnt size poles and if you have the mazda it fits perfectly got o www.onfair.com, the best thing on these are the volume is really loud my 2 yr old cannot use headphone yet so she loves it it does not auto turn on when you turn the car on and off, but on dvd it will resume playback from where u left off hoep this helps, i paid 280 for both so cant go wrong on it, you tube has a lot of videos on this just search onfair

Hallo mainard1, first my compliment for your system, it looks good.
I replaces also my navigation unit in my Mazda CX9 modelyear 1 and have now a pioneer AVIC 920BT.
Because I have some troubles with my CAN BUS adapter from connects2 i'm thinkin about the change of the bose amplifier. I think I must do this because the bose amplifier can only be started and controlled by CAN BUS.
Did you replace your amplifier ?
Can you tell me where the bose amplifier is ?
Thanks

Hi Dre's
You can also use the factory reverse camera. The only problem is, the camera works with 6V !
But I made it with a little device who makes from 12V 6V and now it works with a standard Navi with RCA inputs
The pins on the original connector are
black = ground
white/grey = 6V
red/white = Video +
black/ white = Video -
shield = not connected

Maybe it helps
Best regards

Peter

duerger, I didnt replace the amplifier for Bose, actually i didnt touch the bose system, i even added an amplifier for my new sub, i needed more bass

Hi Dre's
You can also use the factory reverse camera. The only problem is, the camera works with 6V !
But I made it with a little device who makes from 12V 6V and now it works with a standard Navi with RCA inputs
The pins on the original connector are
black = ground
white/grey = 6V
red/white = Video +
black/ white = Video -
shield = not connected

Maybe it helps
Best regards

Peter

that's probably why my installer could not get the camera to work lol, i had to buy a camera but didnt cost me that much they had a crimestopper for 54.00, it just seems cleaner install with the original camera, ill keep this in mind if the camera breaks

Another thread indicates some are having issues with their AC after installing an aftermarket radio/nav unit - How is your AC working?

Mainard1; Sounds good, so no issues with you AC, but no capability of changing your clock sofar, correct? I wonder what they did wrong? BY the way please post a pic of the unit you took out, front and back please, thanks!

i will take a picture of it this weekend, but regardig the clock, my clock is correct now lol, i use the clock on the Avic Pioneer head unit so i dont mind that the clock is off since i gained a lot more by changing the deck,

mainard1, thanks, can't wait to see the pics. I am still considering the factory retrofit route but maybe not after reviewing the posts on this thread.

Last edited:
What kind of harness did you use to connect the Pioneer to the Mazda connector?

Back