2009 MS3 Stero issues...

s2ktan

I have been having some recent issues with my MS3's stereo. The two issues are:

1) This happens mostly on AM stations and is the most irritating. It happens randomly but appears to happen frequently when turning the car on or changing stations. When you touch the volume control knob on the head unit, the volume will instantly jump to max volume. It doesn't seem to matter if I am trying to turn the volume up or down and it doesn't seem to matter what the existing volume is. It will just jump to max volume. I am sure this is not healthy for our ears or the speakers.

2) Again this seems to happen mostly when on the AM side of the dial. Randomly when turning the car on or changing stations the head unit will display that the radio is on one station, but it will actually be broadcasting another station. It has both broadcast another actual pre-set station on my radio or it will broadcast static only.

Has anyone had either of these issues? If so, is there a work around that does not require taking the car in to the dealer? I am outside warranty and would like to save a few $$ fixing it if I can.

I don't know of anything that can be done, maybe get a big new dual din head unit with dvd gps bluetooth, that would make you happy, and probably cost the same as going to the dealer just to have them replace the existing boring one only to have it break again probably, haha.

Back