Longest Mileage on a set of Tires

5zoom

:
08 Mazda5
I'm wondering who has gone the most miles on a set of tires. I've got 30k on my Yokohama 520's and they are probably 3/4 the way done. I'd like to see more than 40k on a set of tires, but it doesn't seem like anyone is doing better than that. The OE Toyo's went 31k. I've got an 08 5AT.

It will be hard to find tires MADE to go the distance since the recommended size is 50 series 17". Not exactly Touring tires tor your Buick.

I got a disappointing 20k out of the stock Toyos

Just replaced thew with some Nitto SP2 snow tires for the winter. Surprisingly, the snow tires feel a ton better at freeway speeds than the Toyos did. I had a ton of vibration with the Toyos at/or above 60 MPH.

As noted above, you're not going to get a ton of miles out of low-profile tires. Love the look, but the wear is less than ideal. I'd be happy if I get 40k out of the all-seasons that I will be installing after this winter is over.

some peole are just easy on tires. I just replaced the toyos @ 17K because I got a piece of metal in one of them. thought better to replace all of them now before the winter.
the other 3 look pretty good; I kept them, might sell the 3 good ones for REAL cheap if someone wants them.

i have Nokian WR G2 tires, im over 30k and they are wearing awesome, i highly recommend these tires. best tires i have ever owned, they ride nice and the traction in rain and snow is nothing short of amazing.

I have a 2007 with 74k miles now, and I replaced my stock Toyos at 44k. There was still a decent amount of tread left, but it was getting close to winter and didn't want to gamble with traction.

Replaced with Dunlop Signature Sport SP's, and they've been decent. Huge improvement to wet traction, but I also bought them because they were supposed to be quieter. I can't really tell the difference, you'll never get away from the road noise in this car.

I wouldn't recommend the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinums... I have the 5 speed manual and you have to baby it away from a stop in the rain to keep from spinning and they seem to be OK right up to 70mph on the highway in the rain and then it starts feeling all squirelly right at the 70 mark in gentle rain. The heavier the rain, the farther down you have to back it. They have about 20,000 miles on them and still have about half the tread left but, I am looking for some new tires. I don't want to have these things on any longer than I have to. Seriously... the last time I felt tires this twitchy in the rain... I was 19, working minimum wage, broke and they were bald tires, on an old Lebaron Turbo Coupe. LOL!

I've had a good experience with the LX Platinum, clay. Mine is an '07 Touring manual. I have noticed some wheel slippage when first accelerating from a light, but it's more prominent in light, misty precipitation when the road oils still float on the road surface. I run mine about 34-36psi and currently have about 20K miles on them. No issues with highway stability that I've ever noticed, FWIW. I have noticed a gradual increase in cabin noise as they've worn, but again not nearly as bad as the OEM Toyos were at 15K miles. I held out the the OEM's for about 27K miles.
All in all, they've been much happier with the Kumho's than with the OEM Toyos. Those really were awful.

im at 30k on the stock toyos now and they are getting loud! however, they seem to have decent tread left. hmmm.

The Sumitomo HTR-ZIII I had on my 08 that I just got rid of had 35k miles on them right at the wear bars. I tend to corner hard but I balance it out with a LOT of highway miles. Probably could have went 40k if I was driving an auto. Tend to get frisky driving a stick....(drive2)

I replaced my stock Toyos yesterday. They had 45380 miles on them and could go farther, but I couldn't wait to put on thicker (215/50/17) tires. I guess I have been lucky.

I heard that some people had to replace their OEM tires between 10k to 15K. My have amost 24K and still going. Secret; rotate your tires every time that you change the Oil!

I am inching my way to 50K (49500) with the original Toyos...rears are just about at the wear line and the fronts are almost there...I think once I got past 45K, I said I'd make it to 50K on principle...I figure if I can squeeze 50K out of these...I might be able to grab 60K or so on some of the longer lasting replacements some of the folks on the forum have had luck with...

Back