2010 OEM Remote Start Run Time

stonegateguy

2021 CX-5 Signature
Hello everyone - Can anybody tell me if it is possible to adjust the run time on the OEM remote starter on a 2010 Mazda 6... factory default seems to be 10 min. I live in MN and with our winter that will hardly even start to get the car warm. I have asked the dealer and they said that there is no way to change it and you just have to push the button again. That sounds fishy to me since every other car starter i have had (even a $75 self-install that i got at sams club) had an adjustable run time. I have found documentation out there for on how to adjust run time on a 2006-2009 CX-7 so you think a 2010 Mazda 6 would have this option also...

Does anybody have the installation instructions for the 2010 Mazda 6 OEM remote start or know how (or if its possible) to change this?

Below are 2 photos of the "brains" under the dash in case that helps :)

Thanks in Advance!!

Do the steps for the cx7 apply? Its possible that its the same system.

otherwise, if the dealer doesn't know, then I'm not sure. I'd assume it'd be documented in the manual if it was easily user-changeable.

I'm not sure if it's the same ... It dose say Its for the 2009 Mazda 6 base... It may apply but I would like to know for sure before I go messing in the menu like system. When I get home I will try to post a link to the documentation that I have ... Its a page frome what looks like the installation manual which I don't have since it was factory installed

the 09 and 10 should be identical. no engineering changes made between the model years.

based on the range of vehicles supported, it'd be strange for that NOT to work for the 2010 6.

Back