Exhaust decision

Yuko

:
Mazda 3 Sport
I know I know it's been done before but I am still going to ask it.
I have a 2005 2.3 mz3 should I go corksport exhaust or the racing beat. I have narrowed it down to these two just need a little help deciding.
Please help pros cons, quality, and power and sound gains. Thx guys.

Last edited:
We have our Mazda 3 exhausts in stock if you decide to go with our product.

Both systems are made from 304 stainless steel. We use flange connections to make the exhaust system a bolt up. The racing beat setup uses exhaust clamps for two of the connections from what I can tell on the pictures they show online. Our exhaust is $389 and the racing beat is $525 so there is a $136 price difference.

-Derrick

Derrick: I have an 07 3 hatch and I have looked at the same exhausts. I actually have contacted racingbeat and had some conversations with their engineers about the exhaust. There are two different exhausts for the 04-09 models. One exhaust has the flange and is a direct bolt on like yours, the other system has the sleeve because the stock exhaust on some N/A American 3's is a one piece design. This requires the stock exhaust to be cut to get it out and the sleeve is used to join the new catback to the remaining stock exhaust at the cut. Am I correct with this info so far? Also how do you attach the exhaust for the models that do not unbolt directly?

Thanks,
Josh

We have our Mazda 3 exhausts in stock if you decide to go with our product.

Both systems are made from 304 stainless steel. We use flange connections to make the exhaust system a bolt up. The racing beat setup uses exhaust clamps for two of the connections from what I can tell on the pictures they show online. Our exhaust is $389 and the racing beat is $525 so there is a $136 price difference.

-Derrick
But i would need your high flow cat as well to stay legal correct? Im a little confused but I know i want my CEL to stay off and i want to pass nc emissions.

Thank you
Alec

if your state has emissions test then yeah youll need a cat, hi-flow should do, thats just an extra $250 or something like that for the corksport! get a vibrant exhaust, come with a hfc, sounds good to!

Back