Redline Time Attack joins the Mazdas247.com Community!

Antoine

Administrator

I'm super excited to announce that Redline Time Attack
(the hottest new track series for drivers and spectators)
has formed a media partnership with Mazdas247.com!

Be sure to visit the Redline Time Attack Forum
on Mazdas247.com for the latest Event information
& coverage including exclusive deals & discounts!​

About the Redline Time Attack Series: Time Attack is a new twist on one of the purest forms of motor sports: time trials. The phrase "time attack" has its roots in Japan, where the sport remains very popular to this day, and as is the case with many automotive trends (sport compact cars, drifting, etc.), time attack events migrated to the United States in 2004. Time Trial events have been held for well over 100 years, however, time trial just isn't as "sexy" as Time Attack.(Neither is Super Lap Battle for that matter......)

Redline has upped the ante when it comes to time attack and time trial events in North America. Our rule set and mindset would lend many motor sports enthusiasts to compare time attack to "Run What Ya Brung" drag racing.... but with braking and turning! Time Attack has a very loose set of rules for each of the four Classes (Enthusiast, Street, Modified, Super Modified) that become increasingly more open as you progress your way up from Enthusiast Class to Super Modified Class. Time Attack is an excellent way for a driver and their machine, to work as one, and determine who is the fastest on a given road course on a given day in a given set of conditions. The Clock Doesn't Lie! There is no judging, there are no gimmicks, there is no playing favorite. Whoever records the fastest time, WINS! It is very simple.

The Redline Time Attack Series is the only professionally organized and promoted automotive racing series dedicated to the motor sport of Time Attack in North America. It is not uncommon for our larger events to surpass 100 racer entries and surpass 3000 attendees. The sport is growing very steadily, and rapidly. The United States has a very long history of supporting sports car and road racing. However, the younger generations (Gen X, Gen Y, etc.) have largely been ignored and alienated by the existing sports car racing series (SCCA, ALMS, etc.). The newest crop of enthusiasts and participants are largely "not welcome" or not interested. It's completely different with Time Attack though! The cars seen on the track are built by, driven by, tuned by and showcased by companies and individuals the fans and enthusiasts know and can relate to.

Redline Time Attack has taken a different approach than the "status quo" racing series. We have opened our arms to the enthusiasts and allowed them to interact in ways that no other racing series allows. The same enthusiast watching the Professionals race on Sunday, could have participated with their car, on the same track, that Saturday as part of our High Performance Driving Event. The paddocks are open, the garages are open, drivers and teams are friendly and approachable. Events sanctioned and promoted by Redline are the future of sports car and road racing events in the United States. Yes, that is a lofty statement. But it is backed up by the last 5 years of phenomenal growth, support from the industry and an ever increasing fan base.

Redline has a number of "game changing" plans in the works for 2010 and beyond. The Series is under new ownership, and lead by Series Co-Founder and President, Nikolas Malechikos, supported by Jackson Stewart, who brings nearly 30 years of professional motorsport experience to the table. Join us as we make road course racing exciting again!

Anyone from the forums actually competing in this?

Tripoint motorsports participates in time attack with thier super-modified fwd class 2010 Mazda 3. They took second of the class at round 6 @ willow springs.

I want to go to a redline time attack event but havent been able to because of work.
Next time they are at willow I will try And go.
Thanks antoine for setting up that awesome partnership.

Last edited:
you can, there is the enthusiast class which you can participate in. :D

"Fontana Nissan Enthusiast Class
The Enthusiast Class has modification limitations and is intended for relatively "stock" vehicles. Basic Performance Upgrades (BPUs) are permitted, like Cold Air Intakes, Headers, Exhaust Systems, Brake Upgrades, Suspension Upgrades, Etc. Competing in Enthusiast Class is a great way to get started in Time Attack racing for those who are interested!

Modifications Allowed:
Engine Mods: Stock Block Must be used, no aftermarket forced induction allowed. Allowed: Camshaft upgrades, Intake, MAF, Intake Manifold, Header, Exhaust, etc.
Suspension: Up to 2-Way Adjustable Coilovers
Brakes: Open
Tires: Any High Performance Street Tire with a tread wear of 140 or higher
Unique to the Class: All window glass must be present, catalytic converters are required, vehicle must be registered with DMV, Vehicle MUST be driven by the registered owner, use of carbon/composite body panels is not allowed, aero upgrades are not allowed, professional drivers are not allowed"
or
"buddy Club Street Tire Class
The Redline Time Attack Street Tire Class is intended for vehicles that are for the most part "Street Legal" using DOT approved Street Tires driven by grassroots enthusiasts and amateur racers alike. The Street Tire Class is the most popular and accessible Class in the Redline Time Attack Series, it is the true home of the Enthusiasts.

Modifications Allowed:
Engine Mods: Just about anything goes, except Nitrous Oxide is Prohibited (in all Classes)
Suspension: Up to 2-Way Adjustable Coilovers
Brakes: Open
Tires: Any High Performance Street Tire with a tread wear of 140 or higher
Unique to the Class: All window glass must be present, catalytic converters are required, vehicle must be registered with DMV, use of carbon/composite body panels is limited, aero upgrades are limited, professional drivers are not allowed"

Wish you were coming to the East coast...would love to try one of these events!!

I agree with Tom, Redline already announced that they will not be doing east cost events in the upcoming 2011 season, but they have plans to return in 2012. Kind of a bummer cause I went to a Redline event this year at NJMP (New Jersey Motorsports Park) and it was a good time, even though I didn't race.

Thanks :) I placed First this weekend at infineon (in the rain) and 3rd fastest in Enthusiast class overall (FWD/RWD/AWD combined). It was awesome

amazing! do you have any pics or vids to share ? :)
also, way to represent for Mazda. (2thumbs) I feel that Mazda is like the underdog at many events even though there are probably the most raced auto manufacture.

amazing! do you have any pics or vids to share ? :)
also, way to represent for Mazda. (2thumbs) I feel that Mazda is like the underdog at many events even though there are probably the most raced auto manufacture.

Yes I have both, and I update my blog after every racing event. You can see media from previous events. But this past weekend I was driving a 2009 mini (entry hasnt been posted for this yet though).

Here's the link: Abbate Motorsports Blog

Back