Team Pro5 Roll Call

I too believe we need to set some standards. Maybe a poll or referral system.
We could also probably do some kind of sub groups from stock, lightly modified, to absolutely insane(elite).
Some type of moderation needs to be implemented.

I would prolly fit under the lightly modified section. Haha

Ok first thing I dropped the ball with letting a sedan in and that's taken care of now. Second, in the beginning I did try to form a elite group by asking certain Pro5 owners to join but with only some willing to become part of the team. Then I thought back when I joined my car wasnt badass like the other members cars but it gave me drive to get my car up to par.
I remeber Tom and Cres started with slight mods and then worked it up and had some others that kept it simple. I did stop recruiting awhile and I've just been getting people who are interested in joining. I did make Tom VP of the Team and it seems we are in need of some changes. So give your guys input on this.

Thanks
Efren

Well if I wanted to get every Pro5 to join I would posted in the Protege5 section get all the newbies to join. I didn't think any of this would happen. So that being said please give more ideas that can benefit all to make it better?

Username: lilProtege5
Name: Justin

2002 Mazda Protege5
71,000 miles
5 speed manual trans

Mods:

Engine
K&N High Flow Cone Filter
Skunk2 Cat Back Exhaust( in garage being installed this weekend)

Audio
Kenwood 6.1" touchscreen headunit
Polk db series 6.5 inch round wall speakers
Kenwood 720 watt 4 channel amp

Interior
Custom leather black and yellow seats and doors
Heated driver and passanger seat
Max Bright LED lights under dash

Exterior
Evil M in rear and front emblem painted black
OEM rims painted black to match color theme

Wish list
Deciding on either dropping on BC coilovers or doing a n/a engine build starting with AEM SRI and OBX 4-2-1 headers

new to Team Pro5 and am really excited to join a car crew with only protege5's!

set

set

I like the fact that I had to seek out membership. I had to send pictures and a list of mods including plans for future mods

Agreed. Personally, I would never join a car-specific club with no intentions to touch my car, yet that doesn't stop others. I feel the Owner should show a commitment to the car. If you look at lilprotege5's specific list of planned mods versus someone who only has a ebay intake and plans to "drop it" or " buy some wheels I guess" you can gauge who is active in interests.

We could set up reps like evade/brian/circuit/bikingpro5 (if they were willing to lend their time) to scan applicants' build page/welcome page and vote whether they think they are "worthy"

I don't think a minimum amount of posts would be a good requirement however considering many people put lot's of work into their car's before joining the community. Lilprotege5 just joined and I think he is a great candidate

thanks dude! i like the grill set up! hella horns with a aftermarket debadged front grill? looks sweet

thanks dude! i like the grill set up! hella horns with a aftermarket debadged front grill? looks sweet
first of all thank you. Bikingpro5 called it. I have sickspeed horns, and since I have yet to purchase the DG grill which I desire so greatly, I modded the OEM grill with a drimmel tool to fit around the horns. It's painted low-gloss black. I did run my car without a grill for the longest as you can see in my signature, however, I've had this grill back in for a few months

*edit*changed my signature to a current photo

irM30HNaNOyyR.JPG

Last edited:
first of all thank you. Bikingpro5 called it. I have sickspeed horns, and since I have yet to purchase the DG grill which I desire so greatly, I modded the OEM grill with a drimmel tool to fit around the horns. It's painted low-gloss black. I did run my car without a grill for the longest as you can see in my signature, however, I've had this grill back in for a few months

*edit*changed my signature to a current photo

irM30HNaNOyyR.JPG

That looks sweet! I'm gonna do my drop later. Decided just now. Gonna start with AEM Sri intake and a corksport front tower strut bar. Hate the OEM red one.

if your serious about the front strut bar you should snag the GT SPEC one from Josh

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123811398-P5-part-out-unique-random-stuff!!

very hard to find one of these new and GT SPEC parts work great.

whats the diffrence between the GT SPEC over the corksport? and im still tossing and turning over suspension or engine mods first. if i do suspension i wont be able to afford the coilovers till mid summer. if i do enigne i can start buying parts in a few weeks

I like the fact that I had to seek out membership. I had to send pictures and a list of mods including plans for future mods

Agreed. Personally, I would never join a car-specific club with no intentions to touch my car, yet that doesn't stop others. I feel the Owner should show a commitment to the car. If you look at lilprotege5's specific list of planned mods versus someone who only has a ebay intake and plans to "drop it" or " buy some wheels I guess" you can gauge who is active in interests.

We could set up reps like evade/brian/circuit/bikingpro5 (if they were willing to lend their time) to scan applicants' build page/welcome page and vote whether they think they are "worthy"

I don't think a minimum amount of posts would be a good requirement however considering many people put lot's of work into their car's before joining the community. Lilprotege5 just joined and I think he is a great candidate

I would not mind lending some time, in fact, I am honored you put me in a list with Efren, Brian, and biking (sorry I don't know your real name).

whats the diffrence between the GT SPEC over the corksport? and im still tossing and turning over suspension or engine mods first. if i do suspension i wont be able to afford the coilovers till mid summer. if i do enigne i can start buying parts in a few weeks

Nothing really. They both do the same thing, basically different bracket colors lol. Engine stuff you won't notice much difference except for a little more noise, and you can get that for free by removing the snorkle and upgrading the panel filter. Coilovers will make a night and day difference.

I would not mind lending some time, in fact, I am honored you put me in a list with Efren, Brian, and biking (sorry I don't know your real name).

Nothing really. They both do the same thing, basically different bracket colors lol. Engine stuff you won't notice much difference except for a little more noise, and you can get that for free by removing the snorkle and upgrading the panel filter. Coilovers will make a night and day difference.
valid point. im feeling that i wont get much power out of this engine unless i boost or do a klze engine swap so might as well do full suspension. endlinks, strut tower bars, sway bars, coilovers. the works

Circuit, your car is well built, well maintained, and each part was expertly built. Congrats on the Article write-up BTW, putting out a great name for P5's.

Also. I made my sig smaller :D

Last edited:
As a minimum, this thread needs to be cleaned up. (1st because this is supposed to be a roll call of Pro5 Cars... If your car gets deleted from the thread, then consider yourself Kicked Out)

A Discussion thread needs to be created. (2nd)

People with Rust Bucket Pro5 or Bone Stock Pro5 or Non Pro5 need to get removed (Until they make an effort, and by that I mean, have a plan for becoming 1337 P5 Owners. Then they should apply, I'm not saying like some crazy initiation process, but a general... yeah that has what it takes to be here..)

Sorry to sound like an asshole here, but I don't ever sugar coat s***... so why start now...

Last edited:
As a minimum, this thread needs to be cleaned up. (1st because this is supposed to be a roll call of Pro5 Cars... If your car gets deleted from the thread, then consider yourself Kicked Out)

A Discussion thread needs to be created. (2nd)

People with Rust Bucket Pro5 or Bone Stock Pro5 or Non Pro5 need to get removed (Until they make an effort, and by that I mean, have a plan for becoming 1337 P5 Owners. Then they should apply, I'm not saying like some crazy initiation process, but a general... yeah that has what it takes to be here..)

Sorry to sound like an asshole here, but I don't ever sugar coat s***... so why start now...

........dont delete my car lol

Back