Post your aftermarket head units and audio setups

mike000g

Post pics of your aftermarket head units and audio setups.i wanna get an idea where to position my amps and subs.i'll be posting my new radio head unit installed as soon it arrives.

CF_interior_01.jpg

JLSubInstall05.jpg

JLSubInstall10.jpg

HatchLEDs.jpg

OOH OOH OOH LOVE IT
Ive got a 10" stealth box just like that I havent put in yet.. Im gonna put my amp under my passenger seat though.

I lined the entire box, and all the metal behind it with Dynamat Extreme. Still didn't go away. You can't get away from the fact that the box is physically bolted to the inner sheet metal.

Yeah, the guy who made my box put a rubber grommet on there.

The sound I get isn't like a rattling. When the bass hits it just sounds like a dead thump on the sheet metal when you're outside the car. With all the dynamat and the rubber I think I have it isolated as much as could possibly help, but when it comes down to it the box is gonna move when the speaker moves and the box is attached to the sheet metal of the car. I'm thinking about switching to a sealed box just mounted in the back. I'll lose a little space but I would also loose the annoying thump from the outside.

Hm... Im not looking forward to that, but I need something more than stock is giving me.

Did you get yours made from a guy named Brendan?

Yep! :)

It's def not horrible so it might not even bother you. It just reminds me of when I'd hear kids drive by in their bad rat rides with a BUNCH OF 12'S YO! in the back and their cars rattling like crazy. :lol: But it's nowhere near that bad.

It's 3M di-noc cf vinyl. You can buy it from carbonfibergear.com among other places. It's the same stuff that's on my mirrors and spoiler.

Look up some how-to's on youtube which is what I did. At minimum you need a heat gun, a squeegee, and a lot of patience. :)

nice box setup i love it whats it made out looks good and does not take alot out of the trunk at all might have to do this as i want to put in two tens then their will be no room for the baby stroller so i might have to run this set up any inside pics of box being installed at all thanks

Hey Stereo, you just have to remove the factory jack, cut out the factory paneling and install the sub enclosure.
It bolts to the inner side of the quarter panel, in the same spot as the factory jack.

Yeah, the guy who made my box put a rubber grommet on there.

The sound I get isn't like a rattling. When the bass hits it just sounds like a dead thump on the sheet metal when you're outside the car. With all the dynamat and the rubber I think I have it isolated as much as could possibly help, but when it comes down to it the box is gonna move when the speaker moves and the box is attached to the sheet metal of the car. I'm thinking about switching to a sealed box just mounted in the back. I'll lose a little space but I would also loose the annoying thump from the outside.

good to know, thanks for sharing that
in your opinion, would a 8' stealthbox sub pushed by a couple three hundred watts be isolatable ?

I just think it would be a little less loud on the outside, but you'd lose a lot of thump on the inside with an 8.

Just so I'm clear, the "problem" I'm describing doesn't affect the sound inside the car at all. It sounds really really good for a single 10" sub in a small box. I'm only nit-picking about the sound it makes outside the car. :)

Back