Interior LED Lighting How To

jblmk3

:
2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring, 2010 Mazda 3 i Touring
Does anyone know how to install LED's on the interior of the car like the Grand Touring has? The one's I'm talking about are the one's that light the drivers side floor, on each interior door handle and a cabin light. The kit they sell is way too expensive, surely there must be a simple way to do this without buying the $200.00 kit? LED's are cheap and the mounts seem to be there (except on the interior door handles). I want to try this and was wondering if anyone else had or could offer any ideas or help.

Not sure about the door handles, but Corksport has an LED kit for $39. Easy to install too.
Corksport LED KIT
That link appears to have some sort of a blue light on/around the door handles:

LED.jpg

Cork Sport said:
CorkSport's LED light kit replaces the incandescent bulbs for the dome light, map lights, rear hatch light, glove box light, visor lights, and license plate lights.

But it doesn't seem to indicate any lights for the doors. I'm confused.

That link appears to have some sort of a blue light on/around the door handles:

LED.jpg

But it doesn't seem to indicate any lights for the doors. I'm confused.

Those lights in the door handles are on Grand Touring and MS3 models; not sure of the S-Sport models having that. My G/F's GT model has them, but my i-touring doesn't, she also has the overhead LED that shines on the stick area that I really like.

If you pull the dash out their should be a rubber skirt where the other wires for the vehicle are run through, see if you can fit it through there, if not carefully make a small incision (not cutting the wires) and run it through that to the battery.
Hope this helps!!

i did a custom install in my cupholders. you can go to mazda3revolution.com and search DIY LED cupholder for the install info. it'll cost you about $20 in parts and supplies and about 1/2 hr or so.

Those lights in the door handles are on Grand Touring and MS3 models; not sure of the S-Sport models having that. My G/F's GT model has them, but my i-touring doesn't, she also has the overhead LED that shines on the stick area that I really like.

I have the 5-door 2010 S sport and it has the LEDs where the handles are located.

Does anyone know how to install LED's on the interior of the car like the Grand Touring has? The one's I'm talking about are the one's that light the drivers side floor, on each interior door handle and a cabin light. The kit they sell is way too expensive, surely there must be a simple way to do this without buying the $200.00 kit? LED's are cheap and the mounts seem to be there (except on the interior door handles). I want to try this and was wondering if anyone else had or could offer any ideas or help.

FYI - that $200 kit you're talking about is for the footwell lighting only (and you can get it for $125 from www.partsformymazda.com).

Back