Got Continental ExtremeContact DWS

kyoshiro

:
Mazda 5
Didnt get anything wider than stock, but got rid of my Falkens ZE-912 and got the Continental ExtremeContact DWS installed. Will tell you guys how it is in Vancouver weather after I get the protective coating off (i drive my GLK daily now so may take some time to sheer the coating off lol)

I'll be waiting with bated breath, as I have the same Falkens on my 5. Decent tire, but not living up to the wear I was expecting. Since we are heading into winter, I'll be buying new summer tires come spring, so you have some time to sheer off that coating! :)

I lived on the coast (Nanaimo 1969 to 1985, Vancouver 1985 to 2000), but now live in Kelowna. Sure wish I had rain tires when I lived at the Wets Coast (and no, that's not a typo!).

just grab a set of Nokian WR G2's, they are a legal snow tire and they track in rain like mad! i live in victoria and they out-perform any tire i have ever had.

the falkens are good tires, but their tread life is always lower then falken claims unfortunately. WR G2's just got rated #1 performance snow tire by consumers reports and they can be used year round. i am over 30k on mine and they still keep traction like the first year i had them. grab a set and enjoy the road :)

I've got about 2 months on my DWS contis and I'm really liking them. they are as good in the rain as the dry. we don't really get enough snow down here to justify winter tires, so I needed the best all seasons I could find. so far I'm very happy.

just grab a set of Nokian WR G2's, they are a legal snow tire and they track in rain like mad! i live in victoria and they out-perform any tire i have ever had.

the falkens are good tires, but their tread life is always lower then falken claims unfortunately. WR G2's just got rated #1 performance snow tire by consumers reports and they can be used year round. i am over 30k on mine and they still keep traction like the first year i had them. grab a set and enjoy the road :)

I run Nokian Hakkapeliitta R in the winter, I'm looking for a tire for the other three seasons. The Nokian i3 may be more appropriate for me.

The Conti DWS is rated #1 on Tire Rack. I'm running the Falkens too and was surprised how quickly they wear. I will be moving to the Conti's this spring.

Back