2010 Mazda 3 - 6 speed manual squeaky clutch and drag **driving me insane**

VeraV

:
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback (red)
so my Mazda (April 2009, 20,000 miles) is in the shop for the third time.

Every time I shift, the clutch pedal makes a squeaky noise. It's driving me insane!
Mazda told me it's normal wear and tear. Yeah, right. :-(
I also feel some drag.
One of their guys in sales even told me it's not normal. His car doesn't do this.

I have been driving cars with manual transmission for 27 years. Never owned an automatic. So I do know if something doesn't feel/sound right when shifting.

This time I told them I will refuse to take the car back unless it's 100 % fixed.

Anyone else with a squeaky clutch? Feeling some drag?

I am trying to gather as much info as I can to take it back to the dealership.
They are trying to tell me they never ever heard of this problem before. I am supposedly their first customer with this complaint.

I am at a point where I am seriously considering selling this POS.

still no answer from the dealer ship. That's good, I suppose. It means they are scratching their heads and hopefully working their brains.
If they would have called me AGAIN within 4 hours telling me it's fixed, I would have told them about Ohio Lemon Law
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/OH_LemonGuide.html
My mind is made up. If the clutch is still squeaking and dragging after their third attempt, I am going to tell them to keep the car and give me my money back.

So right now no news is good news.

Don't want to be an apologist for the dealer, but that link says the problem has to "substantially impair[] the use, value, or safety" of the car. While this problem is annoying, I wonder if a squeaky clutch qualifies. Just pointing it out. Hope you get it taken care of.

seems to be fixed

So after 3 attempts, they finally fixed it. No more drag and squeaking.

This is what they did:
removed both position switches from the clutch pedal - still squeaking

lubed pivot points on clutch pedal - still squeaking

removed battery and battery box - still able to feel noise in clutch master cylinder

Then they contacted Mazda technical and they instructed the dealer to replace the Clutch Master Cylinder.

Now I've been driving it for 1 1/2 weeks and it seems ok. Let's hope it won't come back.

Back