OEM type passenger motor mount

What mounts did you order off ebay? Have you installed them yet? I ordered the transmission, front and rear from ebay and hope to have them soon.

Bringing back an old thread! I bought a set of mounts off eBay a couple weeks ago and I am having the same problem. The arm/flange on the passenger side mount is too long. I have been going back and forth with the seller and he has told me to pull out the flange and put my old one in. That is not going to happen, much more than a tight fit. Honestly it shouldn't be coming out since it supports the motor. Also, I am not sure about just making it fit. I feel as though that would make the mount fail prematurely or make it become less effective.

Can someone point me to a solution or a mount which will just bolt right in?

Bringing back an old thread! I bought a set of mounts off eBay a couple weeks ago and I am having the same problem. The arm/flange on the passenger side mount is too long. I have been going back and forth with the seller and he has told me to pull out the flange and put my old one in. That is not going to happen, much more than a tight fit. Honestly it shouldn't be coming out since it supports the motor. Also, I am not sure about just making it fit. I feel as though that would make the mount fail prematurely or make it become less effective.

Can someone point me to a solution or a mount which will just bolt right in?

Same here. The EBAY part would have put the motor 2" too high and nearly 3" too far back (2003 2.0L P5 manual transmission.) DEA part number A6481 is REALLY close (purchased from Rock Auto), but DEA claims it's for the automatic transmission car. It will push the motor about 3/8" toward the driver's side. I suppose I could wedge it in there as someone above suggests.

But is there an OEM-style (non-performance/racing) aftermarket part for the passenger side motor mount of my 2003 2.0L manual transmission car?

Last edited:
I don't think there is. It is really strange that one doesn't exist. Probably best just to pony up for the OEM mount and some inserts to prevent it from tearing again.

Back