Mazda2 (Demio 2007) Duplicating Remote Car Key

neilattard

:
Mazda2
I would like to know how to get a copy and programme a Mazda2 remote key (freak)
(... it would be the first online tutorial on Mazda2 key) (naughty)

i purchased a switchblade key on ebay and programmed it myself.very easy to do.your manual tells how to replace battery in remote so follow them instructions to open then on inside edge is the remote FCC ID number which you need to insure you have purchased the correct remote.
Here it is:

It's a two part programming.
(Special Note: When buying a new Flip Remote for your Mazda 2, make sure you match the FCC ID correctly to the remote you presently have).

Immobilizer Programming:

You must already have two programmed keys, it doesn't matter if it is a normal key or remote key. They both must be able to start the car.
Have both programmed keys and new un-programmed key ready to be programmed.

1. Enter the first programmed key in the ignition and turn to on position so that all the lights on the dashboard light up but the car does not start.
Look for the Immobilizer Icon to light up and then turn off, as soon as it turns off turn the key to the off position and remove key.

2. Insert second programmed key and repeat STEP 1 within 4-6 seconds.

3. Insert new un-programmed and repeat STEP 1 again within 5-10 seconds of STEP 2. If the Immobilizer Icon stays solid and then turns off, then your key immobilizer is now programmed and the car can be started. If it is not programmed the Immobilizer Icon will just flash quickly and the car will not start. Turn off everything and waiting about 2 minutes before retrying procedure.

Remote Portion Programming:

1. Open the drivers door and leave open.

2. Lock and unlock doors using the only door switch on the Mazda 2's (Located in the middle console, near the hand brake lever). Make sure the doors are in the unlock position.

3. Enter a programmed remote key into the ignition and turn to the ON position (dash lights will light up) and back to the OFF position quickly 3 times, at the 3rd time make sure the key is in the OFF position and the leave the key in the ignition.

4. Now close and open the drivers door 3 times and on the 3rd time leave the door open. You should hear and see the Door Locks, lock and unlock (no horn chirp on my model some may have a horn chirp as well). Step 3 and Step 4 must all be done within 20 seconds.

5. Now click the lock or unlock button twice on the remote key in the ignition (it should either lock or unlock, depending on which button you chose).

6. Now click the lock or unlock button twice on the new remote key it should either lock or unlock, depending on which button you chose).

7. Your key should now be programmed, remove the key from the ignition to end the programming mode. If it did not work, wait 2 minutes and restart procedure from the beginning.

There you have it enjoy and save your money that dealers want to steal from

Last edited:
Hey colonelangus can you post a link to where you purchased your key?

What is the immobilizer? I don't think my key fob has an immobilizing mechanism, also where is the immobilizing light?

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:
Hi,

My car key stopped working, the battery was low.
I've changed the battery, but now the still doesn't work.
When i close the key, the indicator light starts flashing (45 times or 30 seconds).

Can anyone help me ?

What do i have to do ?

Greetz

Hey colonelangus can you post a link to where you purchased your key?

What is the immobilizer? I don't think my key fob has an immobilizing mechanism, also where is the immobilizing light?

Thanks,
Josh
the car has the imobolizer in it the key has the chip to communicate with the imobilizer and the fob opens the doors ..
heres the link i know it say mazda 3 but the fcc code was correct and thats what is important..your manual shows how to disassemble the remote for battery install and there will be the fcc code on one edge once apart
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Thank you very much :) I'm going to try this out, and I'll get back to everyone and let them know how my experience went.

Hi folks, do you know if this work for a 2005 Demio as well? Can someone please point me to the right thing to buy on ebay? I can't find any 2nd generation smart key for my cute zoomzoom...any help appreciated.

Doesn't the Mazda6 key with the Trunk Release button work as well?

It does. I bought a MZ6 switchblade and followed the above instructions. trunk release works! Only issue I ran into is lock smiths in Rochester, NY won't cut the key (at least the ones I called. Dealer did it for free though)

Back