What is this connector?

05maz3subd

:
Mazda 3 lava orange hb manual
I knew about this unused plug before i just never got around to asking, what is this unused plug for?
o yeah my 3 is the 05 hatch 3 with Sirius radio. and this is right under the shift boot next to the shifter

Attachments

• Photo0450.jpg
    Photo0450.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Photo0449.jpg
    Photo0449.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 155
I can't say for sure. But I would guess that's for the Factory nav. The control panel is just to the right of the shifter where most cars have a little tray.

ok i heard from someone before that their mz3 came with an ipod hook up like inside the center where the flip up thing is, i just wasnt sure

That centre flip up thing is where the jack is that you COULD use to hook up an iPod. The plug that you are asking about is, indeed, for the navigation feature that is an option for your car

is there another plug inside the center flip up that has wires running to the headunit for an ipod/mp3 such as a 3.5mm headphone jack

I have an '07 Speed 3 with the factory nav. & while I was putting in a new shifter in today and putting everything back together I came across this same plug. I didn't even notice it when pulling the whole center console out. The plug that goes to the nav. control to the right of the shifter is different than this one as the cable is much longer and is about half the size of the one you mentioned. I don't have Sirius radio in my car either.

I do have sirius radio and still have the connector, but no navi, hmmm..... wheres a top of the line mechanic that knows these things

Back