WTB: Power Steering Pump, Smoking Turbo Fix, 2nd Gear Gear Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony275

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
Hey everyone,

For the record. I drive a 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Sport.

Need a few things for my car so I can fix it up and get it sold properly [ For more than the $10,000 I was offered at a dealer the other day ].

I need a Power Steering Pump, a 2nd gear gear set, and the smoking turbo fix.

I'm not necessarily looking to see if people have these laying around, but where to get them from! Please help me out! I'm in a cash bind right now, and have the car for sale on a few forums! Let me know!

I can rebuild the tranny for you. But your going to have to pay for the gearset. I highly doubt the gear is destroyed but rather the syncro and possibly the fork or hub. But that all depends on your symptoms. LMK if you need any help.

change ur tranny fluid to royal purple or something else that wil make ur synchros mesh better(research)

smoking turbo fix, is get a new turbo, so forget about it ur F'd cuz the fix is 1500-not even counting the labor(GHETTO FIX BELOW)

ur best bet is to privately sell it to an idiot and screw them over, since ur car is gonna need some major tlc if it really is smoking cuz the turbo seal went, and if the second gearset is boken, rebuild? hah, if u pay for the gearset is right, cuz they dont sell the gearset without the tranny as far as i am aware, so thats another 5k, i mean honestly i think the dealer is tanking your chain trying to make things seem dire, but really if it was that messed up they would be offering u like 6k no 10k since they would be spending 6500 on parts not including any engine damage that may of occured

the other thing you can do, is try changing your cats, newer, more efficient ones might help cover up the smoke, also make sure to switch ur oil to 5w-40 at least to see i it temoporarily solves the problem, think like a car dealer in other words, it only has to work while its still on ur lot LOL...

powersteering pump? really? i would check the belt to make sure its not slipping

all these things have secondary causes, but it sounds like ur dealer condemed them on arrival, 2nd gear grinding could be alot of things, and u dont know till u pull the tranny, since symptoms have multiplace causes, almost always

i think u can get it sold, get some of that emission pass stuff u pour in your car and see if that helps the smoking

also this might be of use to u also, if u take off the boost tube from the intercooler to the throttle body, or the throttle body itself, but mainly ur trying to get at the inside of the manifold, n spray the heck out of it with carb cleaner, to get the sludge out of it... this is not recommended if u duno what your doing, but the car could smoke because of that as well

good luck man, personally i dont think ur gonna get much more than 10k from a dealer, these cars are the s*** cuz its great to get them used and get them to run perfect, but if ur not into the mechanical side of cars, ur better of getting a suby or some other car that come perfect from the factory, and every boob with a heavy foot owns(no offence to suby owners i used to have an impreza b4 the wrx became the official sweet 16 gift car)

im so sick of little teenage girls tell me how their car is a porshe on the inside... ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back