burning oil... i think

lauxrox

Contributor
:
2003.5 msp #13!?! Titanium Grey
When I'm at wot. There are plumes of white smoke that come out of the exhaust. This started about two months ago. But has been getting progressively worse. So I have been babying it lately. I am running a custom 3in. Catless exhaust and everything in the engine bay looks good. Any ideas what might be causing the white smoke or any idea what could be causing this?

Yup. White smoke is coolant.
White-Coolant
Blue-Oil
Black-Gas

It's kind of hard to tell the exact color of the smoke from inside. As a friend to tail behind you and see if it for sure white.
Take a look @ your coolant level, does it look low? Does it look like there is more than coolant in there?

what would cause a coolant leak? cause coolant is low but also oil is low and im 1500 away from
3k change

If it truly is coolant, then chances are you have a cracked head or blown head gasket.
As for why it happened there are a lot of reasons.
If you've ever over heated you can do damage, or shrink your gasket allowing coolant to pass by.
Or if you start your car in the morning and romp on it before it's warmed up.

what would cause a coolant leak? cause coolant is low but also oil is low and im 1500 away from
3k change

What condition is the oil and coolant in?? Is the coolant looking brownish and thicker? Is the oil on dipstick looking water downed, almost milkshake like? If they are, then most likely the head gasket is blown. Do yourself a favor and remove the four spark plugs and see what condition its in. If they are wet then gasket is shot.

Back