Valve Seals

i found out that my valve seals are shot, my oil pan was leaking so i took it off and used black rvt, but while it was off i noticed that there some weird chunks of something in my pan, needless to say it was parts of my oil seals, im hoping the shop that built the head will cover it, im guessing they didn't machine the valve guides with the dual valve springs. Im hoping they can change the valve seals with out ripping off the head but they probably wont do it that way

Nope. They'll want the head off, which means new head gasket, etc.

How did they forget to machine the guides? The seals won't fit without being machined...

no idea, well hopefully they cover the head gasket then, but i was told you can force them in but it will split the seal, how they did it leaves me clueless, but i definately know something is wrong with the seals, i don't know too many cases when you have parts from valve seals in your oil pan. I also changed oil twice, but the pieces never drained out, good thing i took it off though

Ya your car sounds ******. My biggest worry would be the fragile fs oil pump. Then chunks of ANYTHING get in there past the screen it can lead to pump failure.

they are going to do the replacement of the oil seals, What exactly needs to be machined on the valve guide? is it need machined to make the valve guide shorter?

Back