Roof Racks

AusieCX9

:
CX9 Classic
G'day All,

In case anyone is interested, I got a set of new roof racks on the weekend for the CX9. Mazda wanted some pretty huge $$ for the Mazda version so I went for aftermarket.

I ended up with a set Thule Aero bars.

Due to the slope to the rear of the roof, Thule represented the best option as they are one of the few manufacturers that specify 2 different height feet for the bar. They are available in 8.5cm or 11.5cm high feet. What this means is that I can attach them on the rearmost anchor point instead of the middle point and still maintain level between the front and rear. Obviously this is crucial as I am carrying a kayak and do not want the nose up.

The people at Roof Rack City were more than happy to split 2 boxes to enable me to have one pair of 8.5cm and one pair of 11.5cm feet.

The part numbers are as follows:
Bar = GL861 & GL869
Foot = RT751 (11.5cm) & RT753 (8.5cm)

Cheers from Downunder !

Attachments

• rack3.jpg
    rack3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 784
  • rack4.jpg
    rack4.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 673
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 657
  • rack1.jpg
    rack1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 665
I can notice some wind noise at greater than 80kph only, not unbearable, but noticable.

Not sure how much trouble it will be to remove the feet, as far as I am aware, it is 2 x allen key bolts per foot. This will leave the threaded piece sticking up from each fixed mounting point, which can then be removed with a small spanner.

Cheers

Back