Help needed with mazda symbol

mzballin

okay so i recently bought a 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback and i want to get a blacked out symbol.. i was washing my car today and after i was done i opened the hood and tried popping the front symbol out, i think i broke the clip thing but im not sure.. i know for the back i have to use a heat gun to get it off etc.. i was wondering if any of you experts know a website where i can purchase both the front and back symbol thats already black ... i need help asap.. thanks!

Honestly just pull em and paint em' easier quicker and cheaper...as for pullin off the front, i pulled 4 screws around the back of the symbol, and just loosened each clip and pulled gradually and it came off...but one did break off...and while i was sanding it fell outta my lap just right and another broke, so be careful cuz they are kinda fragile clips...i'm gonna sit it back on and if i doesn't sit right i'm just gonna super glue broken clips back on

alright yeah. i figured out how to get the clips off. real easy. the back i gota use like a hair dryer and heat up the s*** and then pull it off right? then to put it back on, heat it up and then stick itt??

ALSO, im gonna sand the symbols.. and can i just use glossy black spray paint?

thanks

alright. I think I'm gonna try taking them off and spray painting them. I know how to get them off. hopefully everything will go right. if they don't go how I plann, can I just order the 2007 emblems? will they work the same way ??

for the back one I just have to heat it up take it off then heat it up and put it back , correct ?

You don't necessarily have to heat it up. It makes it easier to take it off. But really, all you need to do is let it sit out in the sun.
Use floss to sidle it through behind the emblem and start to pull gently, but with enough force for it to come off. Do it too hard, and it will bend.

alright. I was reading on some other thrreads about the "m" on the rear havin pins? does the 04 5 door have the pins ?

also - the " Mazda 3 " on the rear , is that glued on too? can I just heat that up and floss it out and sand paper it etc ? or is that a whole different ballgame?

alright. I was reading on some other thrreads about the "m" on the rear havin pins? does the 04 5 door have the pins ?

also - the " Mazda 3 " on the rear , is that glued on too? can I just heat that up and floss it out and sand paper it etc ? or is that a whole different ballgame?

Nope. All the same exact thing. But you have to be more careful about the Mazda. The 3 is completely separate from Mazda but has no holes. I'm pretty sure for the hatch, they have the pins.
The pins are a pain in the ass in that they EXIST. It was STUPID of Mazda do have the emblems have pins and holes in the trunk lid, while having them all glued.

alright so I just gotta heat up the "m" and the "Mazda 3" and do the flossing .. why should I be so much more careful witht the Mazda and 3 lol? I'm gonna be careful. I hope there's no pins bc I read on a thread you have to undo the interior of the hatch..?

The Mazda emblem is more susceptible to bending because of it's shape. Just try to be pull on it as even as possible.
I'm not sure what you mean be undoing the interior of the hatch.

alright good. idk i read on some thing that if the "m" has the pins or whatever, you have to undo the interior of the hatch to remove the pins?--- idk i just really hope they dont have the pins bc it seems like its gonna be a b**** to get off.

Hmm. That sounds weird... Doesn't really make sense because the pins are on the actual emblems.
Each pin has its own rubber grommet so it can fit inside of the holes of the trunk/hatch snuggly.
It's all a really simple process. Unfortunately though, the holes are probably there for the Mazda symbol anyway.

alright good. so if i heat it up, and floss it or whatever, and i find out theres pins...how do i get the pins off? you mightve told me but im just trying to figure this out now lol thanks alot by the way

No, no. It's fine. Really, the only way to get the pins off is to break it off... But there's no point it doing that. If you want to do a re-paint of the emblems and put them back on, the pins are a perfect way to get the emblems back in their original position.
Unless you're talking about the holes in the trunk? In which case, you would need to weld in the holes at a shop for a fairly hefty price.
THAT however is just a good way to DE-BADGE your trunk and making it look flush.

Back