How-To program Mazda CX-9 auto door locks (speed or gear activated)?

I thought about doing the mod on my 2008 where the doors autolock when you release the e-brake, and unlock when you engage the e-brake, but 1) I don't want to wear out the ebrake cable and never use the e-brake unless I park on a hill somewhere (hardly ever). The only other options I can think of as a "trigger" are 1) the 12v outlet in the dash (not the one in the console that is always powered) and this would require some sort of transformer and/or relay, or 2) tap into a relay in the engine compartment that is only powered when the engine is running (ignition engaged). Ultimately, I don't think that much work is worth it.

Does this works on CX9 with Smartkey? I cant even tell what "ON" position is :(

Someone please post a youtube video!

It all depends on what year vehicle you have. It only works on 2010+. The "ON" position is where the ignition switch is when the car is running. But in the procedure, don't start the vehicle. Just turn the ignition all the way forward without starting it.

It all depends on what year vehicle you have. It only works on 2010+. The "ON" position is where the ignition switch is when the car is running. But in the procedure, don't start the vehicle. Just turn the ignition all the way forward without starting it.

Thanks! Mine is 2012 Australian model and it doesnt have autolock as standard I've tried this yesterday and it doesnt work :(

With credit to the original poster at Edmunds, Here are the instructions.....

No problem---This applies to 2010 Mazda3 Mazda6 CX-7 CX-9. 2010 Mazda6 vehicles with BCM GS3L-67-560 and BCM GS3M-67-560 are not equipped with this feature.

Below are the main instructions:

1: Stop the vehicle and close all the doors
2: Switch the ignition to ON
3: Press and hold the lock side of the driver's side door-lock switch within 10 seconds of switching the ignition ON, a "beep" will be heard about 8 seconds afterwards.
4: Referring to the table, determine the function number for the desired setting and press the unlock side of the door-lock switch in the amount of the selected function number.

Function 1: The auto door-lock is disabled
Function 2: All doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more
Function 3: All doors and liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more. All the doors and the liftgate will unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or OFF
Function4: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically
Function 5: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically. When the shift lever is shifted to PARK while the ignition is ON all doors and the liftgate unlock automatically.

**I think A/T means automatic transmission, but I am not sure. Good luck, I hope this works for you.

Doesn't work on my 2008 either.

I know some people couldn't care less about autolocking doors, but it's a bit ridiculous that my last car, a 2001 model, could be programmed in a similar manner to autolock, yet a 2008 flagship Mazda can't do it. And I won't get started about a mpg computer...

Aaaaah well...congrats to the 2010 owners. I am jealous.

Both my 1990 VW Jetta Gli and my 1997 VW Passat GLX had complete MFA display: avg mph, avg mpg, trip a, trip b, odometer, trip timer (you could reset the avg mpg to get instant mpg say if you were driving down a flat road) and my 08 CX-9 has no mfa readout...just dumb.

Tried this today, I can only pick option 2, when i press unlock 3 times, it locks the doors and I wont get the confirmation chime, anyone else experience this?

With credit to the original poster at Edmunds, Here are the instructions.....

No problem---This applies to 2010 Mazda3 Mazda6 CX-7 CX-9. 2010 Mazda6 vehicles with BCM GS3L-67-560 and BCM GS3M-67-560 are not equipped with this feature.

Below are the main instructions:

1: Stop the vehicle and close all the doors
2: Switch the ignition to ON
3: Press and hold the lock side of the driver's side door-lock switch within 10 seconds of switching the ignition ON, a "beep" will be heard about 8 seconds afterwards.
4: Referring to the table, determine the function number for the desired setting and press the unlock side of the door-lock switch in the amount of the selected function number.

Function 1: The auto door-lock is disabled
Function 2: All doors and the liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more
Function 3: All doors and liftgate lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches about 12mph or more. All the doors and the liftgate will unlock when the ignition is switched from ON to ACC or OFF
Function4: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically
Function 5: (A/T) only: When the ignition is switched ON and the shift lever is shifted from PARK to any other gear position, all doors and the liftgate lock automatically. When the shift lever is shifted to PARK while the ignition is ON all doors and the liftgate unlock automatically.

**I think A/T means automatic transmission, but I am not sure. Good luck, I hope this works for you.

Just for clarity, per the above threads, you once you have selected the Function 1-5, wait for another beep.

Well I've accomplished this Task on my 2011 cx 7 & to my surprise 2008 6 GT wonder full feature I've missed since I traded in my Rendezvous keeps those grandchildren form oops opening the door up front

Dear 2010 CX9 owners,
A guy posted a procedure to program automatic door lock yourself (gear-activated or speed-activated) for 2010 CX9.
I tried it on my 2008. It doesn't work. My BCM model is TD 12 67 560D.
(I was not surprised since my 2008 WorkShop manual does not mention this at all).

See the details by following the link...
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f216794/0

2010 owners, please post the result if you feel like trying it.

I have a 2011... wonder if this would work... but the link is dead. Anyone with the instructions?>

Hello there. Has anyone tried this on a 2016 CX9? I just picked up a GT and realized that the doors didn't lock when I drive. I asked the dealer and she wasn't sure if the feature exists.

Thank you in advanced.

Back