How-To program Mazda CX-9 auto door locks (speed or gear activated)?

I have also tried to program the locks on my 2010GT without success. I get the beep, but after pressing the unlock button for whichever function, nothing changes. It's not that big of a deal for me although I would like to have the auto lock function available if needed. I've tried it fast, slow, turned the key off after the presses, started the car after the presses, and everything in between. What am I doing wrong?

Just remember to wait for the conformation chimes after you are done hitting the unlock button to the desired function code before you start the car.

Just remember to wait for the conformation chimes after you are done hitting the unlock button to the desired function code before you start the car.

Thanks!!! I was in too much of a hurry. Took my time. Got the chimes in return. Works!!!

The wife always did say I had no patience.

G'day,

When you guys say that it works for 2010, but not 2009, do you mean that if you have a 'facelift' 2009 build it won't work but if you have a 'facelift' 2010 it will ?

Or when referring to 2009 not working do you mean the 'pre-facelift' models ?

Mine is a DECEMBER 2009 build and I can't get it to work - but not sure if that is because it is disabled in Australia.

Cheers

After pressing the unlock button the desired number of times how long does it take to get a confirmation chime? I have a 2010GT and can't get this to work.

Yeah works great. Just gotta make sure you wait for the confirmation beep. I chose option 5. Hmm wonder if it would work on my 2010 Mazda 6 sGT?

Guess what!

Dear 2010 CX9 owners,
A guy posted a procedure to program automatic door lock yourself (gear-activated or speed-activated) for 2010 CX9.
I tried it on my 2008. It doesn't work. My BCM model is TD 12 67 560D.
(I was not surprised since my 2008 WorkShop manual does not mention this at all).

See the details by following the link...
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f216794/0

2010 owners, please post the result if you feel like trying it.

The same programming works on my 2010 Mz6 sGT!

WOW...I am so glad I read this thread. I just did it with option 4 and it really is a great feature. Thanks for the heads up.

Does this work on a 2012 mazda 5? please can you help me with this. I would love this Function. Thank You.

Does this work on a 2012 mazda 5? please can you help me with this. I would love this Function. Thank You.

Check the BCM # as explained in the original posting.
If the BCM is the same as the 2010 CX9's, it probably should work. If not, don't bother to try.
BCM can be found inside the kick panel to the left of your left ankle (for left-hand drive).

Works on my '11 CX-9 GT and in fact this procedure is described in my owner's manual. I switched to function 5 which is far more convenient that the default setting.

Does this works on CX9 with Smartkey? I cant even tell what "ON" position is :(

Someone please post a youtube video!

Back