How-To program Mazda CX-9 auto door locks (speed or gear activated)?

:
2022 CX-5 Turbo
Dear 2010 CX9 owners,
A guy posted a procedure to program automatic door lock yourself (gear-activated or speed-activated) for 2010 CX9.
I tried it on my 2008. It doesn't work. My BCM model is TD 12 67 560D.
(I was not surprised since my 2008 WorkShop manual does not mention this at all).

See the details by following the link...
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f216794/0

2010 owners, please post the result if you feel like trying it.

That is a great news for 2010 owners.
Can 2009 owners try this and confirm it either way?

I have a 2010 GT and I just set it to function 5 and it worked great! I was wondering about this. My 2004 Sienna had it set up that way and my 2009 TL has it also. Thanks for the info.

Status report:
Doesn't Work on: 2008, 2009
Work on: 2010
2007? Most likely a big NO ...

Congrats to 2010 owners!

It works. I set mine to Function 3. This is what I extremely expected.
Thank you for the great information.

Hmm. I'm going to try this on my 2006 Mazda 3 hatchback and my mom's 2009 Mazda 6. I've asked about this for both vehicles at the dealership and they said there was no way they could program it.

I know it says for 2010 vehicles, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Doesn't work on my 2008 either.

I know some people couldn't care less about autolocking doors, but it's a bit ridiculous that my last car, a 2001 model, could be programmed in a similar manner to autolock, yet a 2008 flagship Mazda can't do it. And I won't get started about a mpg computer...

Aaaaah well...congrats to the 2010 owners. I am jealous.

locks

THANKS! I couldn't believe my cx9 didn't have this feature.I set it to func. 3 and I'm very happy with it now.

If this thing does not work for '08 and '09, what is the chance that it works for '07?
One can hope can don't hold your breath for it.....

It does not work for the '07. I tried it and could not start my car after. Got the click click sound. Never had that before. Lights were off, stereo off, nothing plugged in to the 12v outlets. I looked at the battery and one of the cell plugs with the round screw tops had some boil over. Not sure this all coincides, but damn. I held the door lock switch for 15 seconds w/o a beep. (detect)

Dear 2010 CX9 owners,
A guy posted a procedure to program automatic door lock yourself (gear-activated or speed-activated) for 2010 CX9.
I tried it on my 2008. It doesn't work. My BCM model is TD 12 67 560D.
(I was not surprised since my 2008 WorkShop manual does not mention this at all).

See the details by following the link...
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f216794/0

2010 owners, please post the result if you feel like trying it.

I tried setting this up on my 2010 CX-9 the other night and couldn't seem to get it done. I did the first half, but once it came to choosing the options (1-5) I couldn't figure that part out. I don't know how to set that part up. Is there a drop down menu on the screen or something? Please help...

Thanks!

I tried setting this up on my 2010 CX-9 the other night and couldn't seem to get it done. I did the first half, but once it came to choosing the options (1-5) I couldn't figure that part out. I don't know how to set that part up. Is there a drop down menu on the screen or something? Please help...

Thanks!

Press the unlock side of the door-lock switch in the amount of the selected function number. For example: If you want function 3, press the unlock button on the door 3 times.

Thanks!

I have also tried to program the locks on my 2010GT without success. I get the beep, but after pressing the unlock button for whichever function, nothing changes. It's not that big of a deal for me although I would like to have the auto lock function available if needed. I've tried it fast, slow, turned the key off after the presses, started the car after the presses, and everything in between. What am I doing wrong?

2010 CX-9 Sport.......worked great!!!

Just remember to wait for the conformation chimes after you are done hitting the unlock button to the desired function code before you start the car.

Back