Yellow Speed Coilovers

skatethesea

:
2010 Speed 3
Okay guys,

I just received my coilovers from Ken at ProtegeGarage.com. They are Yellow Speed Racing coils. I am super busy this week so the install will have to wait til friday afternoon. So saturday check back for the update.

For now I am impressed with the build and the instructions. Plenty of warnings on what not to do so as to keep from breaking them the second you put them on. The colors are perfect. And I cant wait to have a lil gold under the hood.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

Okay, its sunday and I have adjusted the ride height three times. Here is the pics. I havent got to romp it yet seeing it is rainning right now. But the process to adjust them takes about 45 minutes total for the fronts and 45 on the rear. I am definitely happy with the ride height. Though it is identical to my ride height from the springs I had on there, the damping is way better and I am not bottoming out now. More to come once I get to drive a couple miles on the interstate.

Stock ride height
DSC_0040.jpg

Eibach Sportline Springs on OEM struts
DSC_0019.jpg

Here is with the fronts all the way up
DSC_0043-1.jpg

All the way down
DSC_0052.jpg

just right
DSC_0053-1.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so I got them installed today.

The good:
They fit perfect.
Construction is top notch.
$900 shipped gets you any ride height (check pics) and 33 damping settings on front and rear.

The Bad:
No bracket for break line on front coilovers. Had to use a zip tie.
Instructions were of zero help and explained nothing. (but this wasnt my first rodeo)
Making some crazy noises right now, but I still have a lot of adjustments to make.

So I cant find a pic of the front coils picture I took. But here is the backs two shocks at max and minimum next to the OEM.
DSC_0039.jpg

Springs for rear same set up.
DSC_0038.jpg

And here is what I got outta four hours of work. I didnt have it in me after a full day at work and then this. So I will fix tomorrow. But as you can see the car can go monster truck. But I am sure you could drop it on its frame if you wanted to.
DSC_0043-1.jpg

Okay so I got them installed today.

The good:
They fit perfect.
Construction is top notch.
$900 shipped gets you any ride height (check pics) and 33 damping settings on front and rear.

The Bad:
No bracket for break line on front coilovers. Had to use a zip tie.
Instructions were of zero help and explained nothing. (but this wasnt my first rodeo)
Making some crazy noises right now, but I still have a lot of adjustments to make.

So I cant find a pic of the front coils picture I took. But here is the backs two shocks at max and minimum next to the OEM.
DSC_0039.jpg

Springs for rear same set up.
DSC_0038.jpg

And here is what I got outta four hours of work. I didnt have it in me after a full day at work and then this. So I will fix tomorrow. But as you can see the car can go monster truck. But I am sure you could drop it on its frame if you wanted to.
DSC_0043-1.jpg

I'm trying to achieve stock height in the rear until I get the fenders rolled. I was gonna set the spring as high as It goes but I don't know how high to set the shocks to not blow them. The same thing goes when I go to lower the springs. How low or what length should I leave the shocks to not blow them? I don't wanna eyeball it. Also did you put the spring in first then the shock or vice versa? Sorry so many questions. Thx

Back