Sway Bar Endlink ?'s

azuelke

:
2003 Protege5 | Black>Yellow
Long story short, I needed new endlinks for my rear RB sway bar. The one I bought came with MP3 endlinks, but upon further inspection, it looked like the nuts that were on them had to be cut off and tore up some threads. Better safe than sorry, I ordered some new ones from Advance Auto Parts.

I measured the ones I had, which were 7" from bolt to bolt. When I ordered new ones, they were available with the "Sport" option, and without. Since the MP3 came with different springs, struts, and swaybars, I would say it would be safe to assume this would be the "Sport" suspension.

Anywho, the ones I ordered were 7.25", which is NOT measured from bolt to bolt. Picked them up this morning, and the new ones are shorter than the ones that came with the bar.

Main question, what is the correct length of the MP3/MSP rear endlinks? I did try searching before I bought them, but I could not find a definitive answer, so I took AAP word for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm, how much shorter were the ones you got from APP? The regular protege ones are quite a bit shorter (by a couple of inches). I think the MSP/MP3 ones are somewhere around 7" or so from bolt to bolt.

i think a lot of people use AWR endlinks with the RB sway bar

And this is why I could find a definitive answer.

Hmm, how much shorter were the ones you got from APP? The regular protege ones are quite a bit shorter (by a couple of inches). I think the MSP/MP3 ones are somewhere around 7" or so from bolt to bolt.

Didn't measure, but I think it was 1/4" shorter...

If you can install them and the sway bar sits parallel to the ground then you are ok. I'm not sure how much of a difference 0.25" will make, but i would think it should be ok.

Hit up HKPRO5 i got mine from him their adjustable see if he still has some for sale im happy with mine

=)

I dont think I have any left. Ill check. Ill also get you a endlink size. Id have to look through my Pms though. (people wanted certain sizes ie msp rears)

Well, I have to wait to put it on now since I won't be able to do it tomorrow, perhaps some HK links would be best...

Im fresh out...lol

If you go back to advance. Tell them to look for a 7-8" endlink in that size. Thats how I found out about the ford escape front endlinks that fit for the front sway bar on our cars.

They should be able to help you out.

They had a bunch of different sizes listed from 7" up to 8.25" from what I could see. This is where the problem lies... if someone had stock MP3/MSP endlinks on their car and measured, that would be the best way to find out what the correct size is. (cabpatch)

To be honest the exact size doesn't really matter. You should be fine with 7" or 7 1/2"

I measured my stock Mazdaspeed links, they are 7.5". I agree with HKPRO5, 7-7.5 should work.

Since we are talking endlinks, would AWR adjustable rear endlinks work in the front? I have a set and wondered about replacing the front ones with them.

Haven't had any REAL issues yet, but being one of the guinea pigs, I did have some minor issues which they were super happy to help me out with.

- I blew through some of the rear bushings early on because I had compressed them way too much (Energy Suspension is the brand being used). Otherwise, no clunks whatsoever when compared to any AWR type endlink.
- You also have to make sure you use a touch of blue Loctite on all the nuts as they may come loose and the endlinks may come apart (ask me how I know). Counter-turn adjacent bolts so they "stick" together to further help any loosening, and finally add a touch of anti-seize to the bolts that go through the rod ends as they will otherwise seize in there. I have one of 4 of those bolts (rear endlinks) that won't come out now, although it's not really an issue since it's connected :p
- Front endlinks seem to be of really great quality (sealed rod end), and if you keep in mind the above notes, you should be happy with the product.

also have RacingLine as Cul does... prefer them b/c of build quality, stainless steel for our Canadian Winters, and no squeaking

Back