Free Mods or Cheep Mods

ec_hornet07

:
2003.5 MaZdaSp33d ProT3g3
I was wondering if there are any free or cheep mods that I can do to this car to free up any little horsepower?

disconnect the wga vacuum, this will get you some serious power.......then blow the engine so that you can forge it..........

j/k.....not too many mods that are free for the MSP

You could pull off your intake mani and remove the VTCS and do a mild port and polish, that wouldn't cost too much and you can gain a lot.

+1 ^^

If you haven't already. Go to the dealer and get the updated ECU flash. I believe that's free.

And how cheap is cheap. Like less that $100 or less that $50?

Dang, $100 to flash an ECU where they improved upon after we bought it cuz it was thier fault in tunning the dang car!

I'll just stick with the one it has.

(jacked)(Sorry for the quick thread jack)
Speaking of flashing the ECU. I need to get mine done, but I want to make sure the right thing is done. Most anyone who deals with cars here in Tampa is incompetent. So what's the best way to ask them so they understand?

was the reflash free only if you have a warranty? or is it like a recall almost where they should do it for any owner for free....

You could gut you cat? Buy a k&n filter.(oem intake) boost controller with supporting modifications.

Back