Mazdaspeed 3 skidplate

We are currently in the active development process for the protege skidplate. We should hopefully have some pictures up of a completed prototype one soon.

Awesome super excited. Any possibility of flush or counter sunk screws to hold it to the car? So no bolt heads or nuts are hanging down?

We will look into that as it is a good idea.

If it turns out to be feasible, it may be something that we could revise on the 3's as well.

awesome. glad i could help with a good idea. take it and run with it. they dont come very often lol

Nice! I'm pumped for this. I sent a CS a request for this product. Glad to see it's gonna happen.

The MSP/Protege 5/MP3 plate is moving forward. We should have pictures to share in 2 weeks.

I will start a new thread then.

-Derrick

Would this be available for M5 as well? Can the bolts be of TORX type instead and are the positioned in the same spot as the factory holes are do I have to drill?

I used to be interested in the Panzer plates (polished aluminum) for my '06 Beetle sold by DieselGeek.com. It was a thick aluminum plate capable of lifting the front end with it without damaging anything underneath it.
We just built a prototype skidplate for the 2010 MS3 (should fit Mazda 3's as well). As you can see in the pictures, it has a removable oil filter hole with a cutout to get to the drainplug as well. The pictures show it installed with an AutoExe bumper, but we have also fit it with the stock bumper to ensure it will fit both factory and aftermarket bumpers.

It is made from a one-piece sheet aluminum design (2 piece if you consider the oil filter hole cover). It bolts to factory mounting locations and would come with all the needed installation hardware. If this is something people would be interested in, we would be able to have it for sale within the month for a target price of $269. This price would include everything needed for installation as well as step by step installation instructions and telephone support.

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

We have already done the R&D, design, development and testing of this skidplate. If this is something you are interested in, please post, so we know people are interested.

Thanks,
Jake
CorkSport Product Development Engineer

We have never tried to fit the skid tray to a Mazda 5 so I cannot answer if it would fit or not.

For the Mazda 3 and Mazdaspeed 3 the bolt holes are in the factory locations.

-Derrick

Back