unknown knocking noise

:
2003 mazda protege 5
I have a 2003 Mazda pro 5 with 96,xxx miles I've just noticed that when I reverse and stop my car makes a noise sorta like a knocking noise it only does it once in a while. but I'm unsure what it could be I've checked the cv joints so far I need some help. btw it doesn't Knock when I'm in drive car has been maintained very well I don't have any other problems at all just trying to solve this problem hopefully some one might kno or have had a similar problem!?

neg I don't have an intake my p5 is pretty much stock.. it happens when I reverse and stop I hear that noise?!

Where is the noise coming from? Are you sure it is under the hood, or do you have something rolling around in your trunk.

I kno it's not coming from the trunk. and I'm sure it's coming from the driver side in the front of the car??

its not the lugs either i just took off all my tires and put them back on and made sure they were tight. i dont kno i guess i gotta take it to a dealership but already kno they gonna charge me up the ass just to diagnose it than ass **** me when they say things are wrong with it lol????

hmmm have you checked the motor mounts? When they're bad you'll often get different problems in reverse due to the reversed thrust.

Replace the motor mount, and check the front one too. My front one is totally shot right now and the car makes weird noises from time to time because of that.

Back