Forum Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having some search issues right now. Not sure if it's upgrade related or not. This is searching the mazdaspeed6 section. not sure if it happens to me in all sections.

-The newest threads I will get when doing a search are from 2005.
-I often get a message that I need to wait 30 seconds to search even though it will have been several minutes between searches.
-Searching for my username gives me zero results. It says I have not posted anything. I tried going to posts started to me and all posts from the user cp. I also tried using the regular search and search posts and by username.

I am having some search issues right now. Not sure if it's upgrade related or not. This is searching the mazdaspeed6 section. not sure if it happens to me in all sections.

-The newest threads I will get when doing a search are from 2005.
-I often get a message that I need to wait 30 seconds to search even though it will have been several minutes between searches.
-Searching for my username gives me zero results. It says I have not posted anything. I tried going to posts started to me and all posts from the user cp. I also tried using the regular search and search posts and by username.

Thanks for the heads up...Enry is rebuilding the search index which will take 12 hours or so...Side effects are overall slowness and what you've described above...Be sure to post if you're still experiencing these issues in a couple of days.

Regarding the note about hitting the "quick reply" button multiple times... just FYI, I know exactly when double-posting will happen to me because the whole site just slooooows down completely. This is probably where some people will hit the button multiple times and a double-post appears. However, I make it a point to hit the button ONLY ONCE but the double-posting still happens.

Hope this helps!

Definitely...Thanks! Note that VB4 & the new features seem to tax our current server setup much more than VB3 & our old setup did which is causing a few "growing pains" while we iron out all the issues...Including the slowness issues but the good news is we're constantly making teaks and even hardware upgrades if necessary. Everyones patience is always appreciated!

Here's a new one. The past couple of times I have logged on, I get the thank you screen while it logs me in, but then when the forum index comes up, it has the place for logging on showing and my name is nowhere to be found (you know, it's usually in the top right corner. I can make posts etc so I am actually logged on, it just isn't showing.

Now if I go to a thread and post (like this one) then go back to the index, it does show me as logged on.

Bizarre...Keep in mind VB4 is still very new so this could be a bug...Thanks for posting about it though...Are you still experiencing this issue?

ok here are some snaps

I click new posts here is the first page count I get, I then move to the next page, etc.

Thanks for the screenshots...I finally realized/saw what you meant...Not sure if it's an issue on our end or a bug in VB4...Will investigate!

Current Issues from the Upgrade:

* Slow Speed - STATUS: VB4 & The New Features seem to be a lot more cpu & memory intensive than our old setup...We're making tweaks and necessary upgrades to the server as I type this post!

* Auto Double Posts - STATUS: Possibly related to the speed issues

* "Server is too busy, try again later" message - STATUS: VB4 & The New Features seem to be a lot more cpu & memory intensive than our old setup...We're making tweaks and necessary upgrades to the server as I type this post!

* Page Count - STATUS: Investigating...

* Login Issues - Investigating...

Thanks for the screenshots...I finally realized/saw what you meant...Not sure if it's an issue on our end or a bug in VB4...Will investigate!

Current Issues from the Upgrade:

* Page Count - STATUS: Investigating...

Investigating...

Thanks Antoine.

SOo there are tons of things till wrong going on. All of my and others subscriptions have disappeared. Why cant i get to the quicklinks scroll down menu outside of viewing a thread? Before the upgrade if i hadnt logged in all day i could come on and see everything that had happened since i last logged in. Not so much anymore.. I barely seeing anything if that at all..i am sadly disappoint.

SOo there are tons of things till wrong going on. All of my and others subscriptions have disappeared. Why cant i get to the quicklinks scroll down menu outside of viewing a thread? Before the upgrade if i hadnt logged in all day i could come on and see everything that had happened since i last logged in. Not so much anymore.. I barely seeing anything if that at all..i am sadly disappoint.

Is your email address valid? If an email notification bounces, all your subscriptions will be removed.

so the site loads way faster than before (at least for me) but I still have the issue with double posts! :(

I'll keep a log... If it happens again I'll be able to say for sure if that's what happened.

yikes....loading the site took FOREVER tonight. I even had to load it in exploder rather than Chrome :(

Please guys, bring back the old forum......the new one just sucks ass :(

soo...can we get our old subscriptions back... i feel i have lost threads i will never get back even by searching...none the less to resub to everything would take hours.

This is what happens when you try to fix something thats not broken.

VB4 Suck IMO on every forum that has went to it that I am on...They all look the same and all suck as bad.

no that one is disabled now. so i understand the bounces. but it wont let me change to my actual email saying it is already in use

no that one is disabled now. so i understand the bounces. but it wont let me change to my actual email saying it is already in use

While Enry makes sure everything is working properly, PM me your current VALID email address and I'll be happy to change it for you...:D

The same goes for anyone watching this thread...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back