Let's talk about antenna replacement options...

IIRC I paid around $17 for the CX7 from OMP....last I had checked it was near $27. I think you'd be better off visiting your local Acura dealer. Unless you can find a DaveB!

Actually, PM scottm1985 before you do anything else. He may have a few shorties lying around to sell. I got pretty much a brand new CX-7 one off him for $10 shipped.

Last edited:
A fellow member who made a very short run of shorty antennas as well as the infamous DaveB gauge rings.

I've only come across one f/s in my 4+yrs of owning the car and wish I would have bought it.

where would I buy the RDX, any old Acura dealership or elsewhere online?

Any Acura dealer... call to have them order, they won't be in stock. I actually had the closest (40 miles) dealer mail it to me, they didn't even charge for shipping.

I happen to have one of the Justin B (xelderx) billet aluminum black ones from back before DaveB started sellin his just layin around in my pile of P5 "nostalgia".

Just removed my factory antenna - the actual part that screws off is nearly 19.5" long. I called my local Acura dealer and they have the RDX one in stock. He said it's $17 and it's just the part that screws on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's all you guys have replaced, right? NOT the entire base part as well, right??

Thanks,

That is all you need, just the "mast". Price sounds right... go for it and enjoy.

Done dealio...

Alrightee...the Acura RDX 'mast' (part# 39151-STK-A01) only cost me $15.40 w/tax and it's WAY shorter than the stock antenna. I installed it no problem and it looks great! Going out soon to pick up some dinner, so we'll see how reception is. Thanks for all your help, guys! (2thumbs)

Back