Hella horn upgrade

Rhon

:
Mazda3 5 Door sTouring, Copper Red Mica
I'm wanting to upgrade the horns to the Hella supertones and want to put them in the bottom grill. I've seen pics of it and was wondering how much of a hassle it was to do. Can it be done without pulling the bumper or does it have to come off? I do like the way they look peeking out of the bottom grill.

thanks

even if you can do it with out takin the bumper off, it would be MUCH easier and hassle free to just take the bumper off. it only takes about 10 mins to take off :)

i was very very skeptical of taking off my bumper at first but its really really easy, and not hard at all

I'll take another look at. Hearing that it's not a big deal makes it a little easier to tackle.

I have a 10 MS3 and things went really quick with the bumper out of the way.

car.jpg

I've had them on for about 2 years now

Looks slick Tshatzinger!
Another spot is right up front under the hood, more concealed, same ease to install there. I started out under, had to move up when intercooler came along...new3 007.1.jpg

car.jpg

I've had them on for about 2 years now

Yeah, that's what I'm after. That does look pretty trick in blue. Did you have to fab a spot for them or was there a spot you could directly mount them to? I'm just trying figure out what I'll need to do before I get it all apart.

My only concern is if the wife pops out and sees the bumper lying on the ground...

there's alot of plastic housing in front and around the radiator, I measured and drilled two holes, jam nut and bolt, done. Just be careful, plastic loves to pull drill bits through into something it shouldn't(boom05)

hush you! u and all this intercooler talk. were na around here! lol

I'm still na! Until I hit 3krpm(laugh)

Removing the bumper is definitely the better way to go about installing them.

Mine are copper red and I used self tapping screws and installed them into the metal of the bumper support.

Sorry for the dark picture but it is the only front shot I have that is recent.

003-3.jpg

Removing the bumper is definitely the better way to go about installing them.

Mine are copper red and I used self tapping screws and installed them into the metal of the bumper support.

Sorry for the dark picture but it is the only front shot I have that is recent.

003-3.jpg

Perfect. That's what I was wanting to know. Thanks for the help and chefspot, we have the same color 3 so now I can show the wife what it'll look like when I'm done.

They're just self tapping screws. Buy the ones that fit through the hole in the mounting brackets on the supertones. Any hardware store or walmart will have them.

Back