Corksport 80mm Exhaust

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring
I installed my exhaust today, I bought the catless version, and when i drive the car it seems like the exhaust is almost deafening. Does anyone else have the corksport exhaust without the cat? I was just wondering if it was an exhaust leak causing it to be so loud or just the fact that there is not cat makes it that loud.

Its probably the lack of a cat, combined with the noise from the exhaust resonating into the interior of the vehicle. You'd have to have an extreme leak (I.e. lack of the dp back) to get that much noise.

Thad.

It's just super loud. I have a full 3" catless perrin exhaust and it's sooooooo ******* loud all the car alarms go off. When I drive through parking structures, Cars alarms go off 3 floors up

yeah, I have the CS 2.4 in catless with a CS j pipe and that thing is loud!! try going under bridges and giving the car some gas and listen to the echo..lol

I drove though my town and its kind of enclosed by building on each side and it just seems even louder, i feel like the windows are going to shatter

does anyone know how much quieter the cat makes it? I might have to buy one because i don't know if i can live with it being that loud

I used to have the CS 2.4" exhaust with stock header and cat. It wasn't very loud, but then I went with aftermarket header with no cat and the thing drove me nuts

im thinking of buying the vibrant cat to use, I would like to hear from someone who has a cat on the 80mm though to make sure it will make it quieter

The cat will help a little bit, however the biggest reason its so loud is the straight through muffler. CS exhausts are notoriously loud. Did it come with a silencer? If not try one of those and see if it helps, it will restrict your exhaust but itll be quieter for daily driving.

Exhaust leaks can be loud though, just stick your head near each of the flanges and you should hear if its leaking enough to be loud

It's just super loud. I have a full 3" catless perrin exhaust and it's sooooooo ******* loud all the car alarms go off. When I drive through parking structures, Cars alarms go off 3 floors up

mines not really that loud, same thing perrin dp back catless. i am on the stock dp though.

Just have a muffler shop add a 3" straight through resonator in the center section of the exhaust and it'll quite down a lot with minimal flow restriction.

Last edited:
the cat doesnt help a whole lot, better to throw a muffler/resonator inline instead of cat.

might just have sensitive ears, i have 2.5 all the way back, no cats and its not loud at all to me..

but i have ridden in MSP's with 3" and good lord, it was alot louder then my car, the perrin is obnoxiously loud

im actually getting used to how loud the exhaust is, i was probably used to the stock exhaust which barely gives out any sound. Atleast the exhaust doesnt have the fartcan sound too, so im not complaining. the exhaust already has a resonator on it to, so if i would switch i would probably use the vibrant ultra quiet 3'' resonator

the cat doesnt help a whole lot, better to throw a muffler/resonator inline instead of cat.

I agree with all the people saying this ^

Restricting a tiny bit of flow (minimal horsepower loss) for a WAY easier-to-live-with ride is a very, very good tradeoff.

I've only got the stock exhaust, but with a thunder manifold and removed cats, it's still quiet - and that's because (other than the smaller piping) it's got the resonator and muffler on it still.

i think ill be purchasing the virbrant ultra quiet resonator soon to replace the bottle style resonator that corksport uses. Also i plan on getting a downpipe sometime so im sure the exhaust will only get louder.

i think ill be purchasing the virbrant ultra quiet resonator soon to replace the bottle style resonator that corksport uses. Also i plan on getting a downpipe sometime so im sure the exhaust will only get louder.

I don't think an oval resonator will fit under the car anywhere but in place of the muffler. You'll need a second round resonator.

Back